Booms Continue from Montreal to Arizona
© 2013 by Linda Moulton Howe
“What was that boom? What was that flash of blue-green light?
And where were they coming from?”
- The Montreal Gazette, November 26, 2013
“Something big blew up over Montreal around 8 PM, November 26th.”
- WPTZ-TV News Channel 5, Burlington, Vermont
The Google pointer marks St-Lazare west of Montreal, Canada. 64 miles south of Montreal is Plattsburgh, New York. Residents in all three regions reported hearing an enormous explosive boom with a flash of blue-green light around 8 PM on Tuesday, November 26, 2013. No source of the mysteirous loud boom is known.
November 27, 2013 Albuquerque, New Mexico - Last night around 8 PM Eastern, residents in Montreal, St-Lazare and the surrounding Canadian region as far as Ormstow and Cornwall, Ontario, onward to Plattsburgh, New York, were literally shaken by a loud boom and a bright flash of blue-green light in the night sky. But no one anywhere – including Environment Canada and St-Lazare Mayor Robert Grimaudo – knows for certain what caused the loud, mysterious boom and light flash over so much geography. One speculation is a meteor hitting the atmosphere with a sonic boom. But mysterious booms – some with bright light flashes, usually white – have been reported around the United States since January 2011 without explanation. See November 22nd Earthfiles and November 24th Earthfiles.
Television and social media received more than 200 messages from witnesses:
— “People felt their house shaking and thought a tree had landed on it. The dogs were freaking out. My girlfriend in Cornwall, her husband works for Ontario Hydro and he saw this flash of light in the sky. He says he never saw anything like it before — and he works for Hydro!” - Gazette Facebook
— “No one seems to know what it is exactly, but a friend described it as bright blue flash in the sky followed by the sound.” - Tweet by Kalina Laframboise
— “Felt like an explosion, or a 'short' earthquake. Stepped outside and neighbours were out wondering what it was.” - Gazette Facebook by Faith MacLeod
— “It was really freaky – we heard this boom outside. It sounded like that explosion we had last summer at the fireworks factory here. It was just this boom. It lasted a few seconds.” - Tracy Moore to The Montreal Gazette Facebook page
— “Yes, was sitting watching TV and I thought one of my kids fell out of bed. It was super loud.” - Off Island Gazette's Facebook page
— “It's been heard all over the region but no details. My opinion is that it was a meteor hitting the atmosphere with sonic boom.” - Greg Patterson, Gazette Facebook page
Other Boom Reports to Earthfiles
On November 26, 2013
Loud boom house shook
November 26, 2013
On November 26, 2013, at 3 PM in Albany County, NY - heard a loud boom, flash of light, and my entire apartment shook like an earthquake. Not sure if anyone in the area reported it or not. My boyfriend and I also recorded a strange flashing "light" in the sky about a week earlier (around November 20th), while recording a rainbow-flicking light and we saw a big blue flash in the sky. Afterwards, we played back the video and caught it on camera. It was another one of those strange (colorful) light flickering things. I'm wondering if anyone has been reporting these occurrences in my area? Not sure how to find out. If you're interested I will send a clip of one of the lights we've recorded. We have many – each video is a different light, and each night there's more of them. Not sure if they are related to the loud boom and my apartment shaking yesterday or not? [ Editor's Note: Earthfiles has asked for video.]
Loud Booms in Gaston, Oregon, west of Portland
November 26, 2013
Dear Linda, I live in Gaston,Oregon, just west of Portland. My neighbors and I have been hearing loud booms right before dark. Followed by a very bright flash of light. The noise is comming from behind my house up the hill. I have a horse and a steer which go into a panic. So I decided to report the booms to the police. An officer called me and I told him about the booms and lights. He said on the Discovery Channel they have a show about guns, canons they blow things up. Could this be tannerite?
To: Linda Moulton Howe <email@example.com>
Strange Sounds Again in Ogden, Utah
November 26, 2013
Ogden, Utah, is 40 miles north of Salt Lake City.
I e-mailed you last summer about the strange booms and the strange sounds in the air like a sound you get when you get rub your finger around the top of a half glass of water. You wanted me to tell you if I ever heard it again.
Well, it happened again today at about 4:45 P.M. mountain time and then again at 5:00 P.M. It was a concussion type boom like the one that happened last summer that shook the house and windows unlike a sonic boom. It seemed to come from all around and not from a straight source. This time I didn't hear any strange sounds following the boom. I know for a fact that this wasn't from an aircraft or any ordnance of any kind or I wouldn't e-mail you about this. It was an in and out concussion that was unlike anything I've ever heard.
Google pointer marks county seat of Manti
in Sanpete County, Utah, 80 miles south of Provo.
Booms in Sanpete County, Utah two or three this afternoon and one that shook the house.
Loud booms in Arizona...again near Chino Valley
November 26, 2013
A year ago right before 5 PM on Tuesday, December 4, 2012, a loud boom
was followed by a second blast that shook windows from Camp Verde
to Cottonwood to Chino Valley (Google pointer).
I just heard on the evening news that there were loud booms heard near Chino Valley, Arizona. I heard about this on the Channel 5 evening news.....I'm in Mesa, Arizona. Apparently they were hearing this last year, too. They never found out what caused the boom either time.
If anyone has more firsthand information about the source of the persistent and very loud booms, light flashes, military helicopters showing up, or other bizarre, unexplained sounds such as metal crashing and glass breaking without physical evidence, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests for anonymity are respected.
The Montreal Gazette
For further information about the mysterious boom, light flash and appearance of military helicopters doing grid searches afterward, please see boom reports below and in the Earthfiles Archive.
• 11/22/2013 — More Loud, Mysterious Booms in Kentucky and Illinois
• 09/13/2013 — More Mysterious Boom Reports
• 09/08/2013 — Mysterious New Boom Reports
• 09/05/2013 — Part 4: Avatars and Controllers
• 09/02/2013 — Part 3: New Jersey Abductee Describes E.T. Conflict Between Tall Humanoids about Humanity's Fate
• 08/05/2013 — More Unexplained Booms - Earthfiles Viewer Letters
• 06/28/2013 — Mystery Booms and Inner Earth Core Changes?
• 06/27/2013 — Unusual Jet Stream Melts Greenland Ice
• 06/07/2013 — More Unexplained Loud Booms
• 05/31/2013 — What's Causing Lakeport, Calif. Houses to Slide and Crack Up?
• 05/13/2013 — Persistent Sinkholes and Unexplained Booms
• 03/28/2013 — Updated: Woodland Hills, CA “Sound of Glass Breaking”; Loud Booms in Louisville and Fort Knox, KY
• 03/23/2013 — Mysterious Booms Over Multiple Counties in Florida and Illinois
• 03/19/2013 — Loud Booms in Louisville and Fort Knox, KY; Southern Illinois; Kamiah, Idaho; and Rhode Island
• 03/13/2013 — Strange Boom, Ice Craters and “Frozen Waves” in Newfoundland
• 03/10/2013 — UPDATED: “Sound Guns” - Viewer Comments
• 03/07/2013 — More Loud, Unexplained Booms in Bowling Green, KY, Elizabethtown, ILL, and Flint, MI
• 03/01/2013 — Mysterious Booms - A Secret Military Weapon?
• 03/01/2013 — After Mysterious Booms, Why Do Military Helicopters Fly Search Patterns Below 500 Feet Over Residential Houses?
• 02/20/2013 — Part 2: Unexplained Loud Booms and Light Flashes Persist in U. S.
• 02/16/2013 — Part 1: More Earth-Shaking Booms in Morristown, Tennessee and “Shock Wave” Booms in San Manuel, Arizona
• 02/06/2013 — Viewer Emails about Boom Mystery
• 02/01/2013 — Mysterious Booms and Light Flashes Across U. S.
• 01/25/2013 — Updated: Unexplained Loud Booms Persist in United States
• 01/11/2013 — Part 1: Could Computer-Interfaced Communication with Other Realms Be Linked to Strange, Unexplained Booms?
• 01/11/2013 — Part 2: Could Computer-Interfaced Communication with Other Realms Be Linked to Strange, Unexplained Booms?
• 01/11/2013 — Part 3: Could Computer-Interfaced Communication with Other Realms Be Linked to Strange, Unexplained Booms?
• 01/05/2013 — 26 Hours Before 7.5 Quake, Unexplained Rumbling Boom in Southcentral Alaska
• 12/08/2012 — What's Causing Mysterious Lights, Loud Booms and Strange Hum in Narragansett Bay, Rhode Island?
• 11/15/2012 — Real X-Files: 1950 - 1983
• 11/11/2012 — Rapid, Unidentified Aerial Objects Over Denver and Strange Amber Cigar-Shaped Aerial Craft Near Philadelphia
• 11/03/2012 — Another Mysterious Translucent Aerial Object, This One Over Gardiner, New York
• 10/27/2012 — Unidentified Aerial Object As High As Jet Stream?
• 10/17/2012 — Loud Boom and 3-D Radar of Mysterious Aerial Object in NW Louisiana
• 08/26/2012 — Updated: More Unexplained Boom Sounds from Sweden to Calif: What's Happening Now in Sacramento? And What Happened August 21st In Oakland, California?
• 05/30/2012 — Updated: Mysterious Booms Heard May 27 and May 28 in Four West Michigan Counties
• 05/10/2012 — Mysterious Horn and Boom Sounds Still Being Heard
• 05/01/2012 — More Unexplained Booms in Boston and Beyond
• 04/26/2012 — Updated: Mysterious, Persistent Booms Throughout North America and England
• 04/22/2012 — Huge Boom Heard in Central California and Northwestern Nevada - Did Meteorite Hit?
• 04/08/2012 — Part 3: Confusion About North American Booms and Man-Made Quakes
• 03/30/2012 — Part 1: Updated 033021 with boom recordings - Mysterious Rattling Booms Expand from Clintonville to Montello, Wisconsin and Beyond.
• 03/30/2012 — Updated with boom audio Part 2: Boom Phenomenon in Several States and Canada
• 03/20/2012 — Two Nights of Mysterious Rattling Booms in Clintonville, WI
• 03/15/2012 — Updated 031512 - High Strangeness Email: Unidentified Aerial Craft, Strange Sounds and Door-Rattling Booms
• 03/01/2012 — Updated 030112: Solar CMEs Hitting Earth's Magnetic Fields - Do They Make Strange, Loud Sounds?
• 02/28/2012 — Strange Sounds in Washington State
• 02/23/2012 — Updated Feb. 23: Eerie, Strange Sounds Heard in Tennessee and Kansas
• 02/04/2012 — Video of Kiev-like Strange Sound in Amarillo, Texas: What Happened?
• 02/02/2012 — Updated: Earthfiles Email About Mysterious “Chorus of Trumpets” and Other Strange Sounds
• 01/29/2012 — Part 4: Tall, Cat-Eyed Beings in Pennsylvania Turnpike Abduction
• 01/26/2012 — Updated - Part 1: Photos of Unidentified Utah Aerial Craft - and Missing Time?
• 01/20/2012 — Part 3: Tall, Cat-Eyed Beings in Pennsylvania Turnpike Abduction
• 01/18/2012 — Part 2: Utah Aerial Craft, Missing Time and Cat-Eyed, Blond Beings
• 12/31/2011 — Updated - Part 1: Earthfiles Mail About High Strangeness
• 11/13/2011 — Updated: More Loud Booms in Virginia and Missouri; More Quakes in Oklahoma
• 10/27/2011 — More Mysterious Hum Reports from North America to China
• 10/12/2011 — Unidentified Orange Spheres, Discs and Entity Encounter in Kansas City, Missouri, Since April 2011
• 10/04/2011 — Updated: What Are Strange “Hums” That Keep People Awake?
• 10/03/2011 — Part 1: Viewer Letters About Strange, Loud Booms
• 09/30/2011 — High Strangeness in Australia's Northern Territory
• 06/07/2011 — What Are the Mysterious Booms?
• 05/13/2011 — More Viewer Letters About Mysterious Booms
• 05/11/2011 — Updated Reprints: Earthfiles Viewers Reports of Strange, Loud Booms
• 02/08/2011 — More Reports of Strange Booms and Aerial Lights
• 02/08/2011 — Part 5: Private Detective's Encounters with Non-Humans
• 01/29/2011 — Earthfiles Viewers Reports of Strange, Loud Booms
"What was that mysterious boom? Source of explosion unknown," November 26, 2013, The Montreal Gazette: http://www.montrealgazette.com/What+that+mysterious+boom/9216575/story.html
WPTZ TV News Channel 5, Burlington, Vermont: http://www.wptz.com/news/vermont-new-york/plattsburgh/mysterious-boom-rocks-north-country/-/9277622/23177178/-/5ee7l3/-/index.html#ixzz2loUHRxPn
"Residents Around Hampton Roads Report Loud Booms," August 24, 2013, PilotOnline.com:
"Mysterious 'booms' still unexplained," March 16, 2013, The Daily News Online, Batavia, NY:
January 5, 2013, 1:30 AM Eastern, Salem, Massachusetts Light Flash and Loud Boom VIDEO:
"Mystery solved! Booms heard across Kentuckiana were from Ft. Knox," WDRB News 4:
"Unexplained Strange Booming Sounds Rattle Bowling Green in Plano/Alvaton Area, Kentucky, March 4, 2013":
"Mysterious "Explosion" Sounds Alarm People On Flint's East Side":
"Explosion or Just Noise?," Metropolis, Illinois, near Elizabethville, Illinois:
"Did You Hear the Loud Booms in Evansville, Indiana?," NBC Channel 14-TV: