What Are These Mysterious Patterns?
© 2013 by Linda Moulton Howe
“This sand pattern (spiral) seems to show an astronomical theme,
with some kind of binary computer code in its largest circles.”
- Red Collie, retired geneticist, Sydney, Australia
“The Albuquerque 8-ring pattern appeared to be sustained
in dust by an electrostatic charge on the window.”
- Albuquerque Resident
December 23, 2013 Watergate Bay Beach, Newquay, Cornwall, U. K. and Albuquerque, New Mexico - On the southwestern coast of Cornwall at a small beach community called Newquay, there were once up to fifteen pre-historic barrows known as The Barrowfields. But now only a few remain from burials 3,500 years ago. The first settlements were Iron Age hill forts and iron mines.
Newquay, Watergate Bay Beach, Cornwall County, U. K., has two miles of sand
along the Celtic Sea in southwestern British Isles.
December 8, 2013 - Beach Sand Spiral Mystery
Watergate Beach, Cornwall, U. K.
On December 8, 2013, at the seaside town of Watergate Bay Beach in Newquay, Cornwall County, United Kingdom, a woman named Karen saw an intricate spiral in the beach sand, photographed it and put it on Facebook. At first, Karen thought the creator of the pattern was Cornish sand artist Tony Plant, but when he was asked, he said he did not know who made the pattern.
Mysterious sand spiral with intricate overlay of binary code circles at Watergate Bay Beach in Newquay, Cornwall County, U. K., on December 8, 2013. Image by Karen, posted on Facebook.
The next day on December 9, 2013, retired geneticist known as Red Collie emailed me that his sand pattern was “binary ASCII code with unusual formatting” and he was trying to crack the message.
Red Collie also posted on the Facebook page of Crop Circles-UFOs-Ancient Mysteries-Scientific Speculations: “This one is interesting for two reasons: first, it is based on a spiral, not concentric circles; and thus more difficult to lay down. Secondly, this sand pattern (spiral) seems to show an astronomical theme, with some kind of binary computer code in its largest circles. A nice puzzle, will try to solve it today before packing for Perth in a few hours.”
[ Editor's Note: Binary Code - Wikipedia: A binary code represents text or computer processor instructions using the binary number system's two binary digits, 0 and 1. A binary code assigns a bit string to each symbol or instruction. For example, a binary string of eight binary digits (bits) can represent any of 256 possible values and can therefore correspond to a variety of different symbols, letters or instructions.]
But Red Collie so far has not been able to solve the embedded binary code in the sand pattern and Earthfiles wonders if any viewers can solve this sand spiral puzzle? If so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests for confidentiality are honored.
December 9, 2013 - Window Dust Rings Mystery
Albuquerque, New Mexico
On Monday, December 9, 2013, at 2 PM Mountain in Albuquerque, New Mexico, a resident was stunned to see this pattern of rings with a solid circle on the fifth ring out from the center. The window is ten feet above the office floor. The window is a narrow 10-inch-high by 6-foot-long panel of sun room glass that is composed of two panes separated by insulating air between the glass panes. The diameter of the circle was 8 inches with a half-inch distance from the top window frame and about 1.5 inches distance from the bottom frame. Four digital photos were taken immediately, but with great difficulty, because the sun was shining brightly from the south through the window. Later as the sun set, the pattern was nearly impossible to see at all, except for the brighter, extremely thin, 3-ring perimeter.
The Albuquerque 8-ring pattern appeared to be sustained in dust by an electrostatic charge on the office interior side of the double-pane glass because a light touch by a finger on the bottom caused part of the pattern to “evaporate” on Monday night, December 9, eight hours after the pattern first was seen on the office window. By Wednesday morning, December 11, 2013, another light touch caused the entire pattern to evaporate from the window. That was as astonishing as the mysterious appearance of the pattern.
Pattern in dust was first seen on window at 2 PM, December 9, 2013, in Albuquerque,
New Mexico. Diameter was 8 inches and pattern was placed slightly off center in the narrow
10-inch high office window at a half-inch distance from the top window frame
and about 1.5 inches distance from the bottom frame. The 8 lines do not penetrate
into central circle or to the outside vivid 3-ring perimeter.
Earthfiles wonders if any viewers have information about this unusual pattern and what it might mean? If so, please email email@example.com. All requests for confidentiality are honored.
For further information about mysterious geometric patterns, please see reports below in the Earthfiles Archive.
• 07/27/2013 — Part 2: Beyond Ridgeway 9 Rings - Diatonic Scale in Crop Formations
• 05/31/2013 — First 2013 Crop Pattern: Gray, Tennessee.
• 12/07/2012 — Astronomer Carl Sagan's Letter to U.K.'s MoD About Crop Circles
• 10/30/2012 — Part 2: High Strangeness in 43-Circle-Corn Pattern Near Ancient Mounds of Chillicothe, Ohio
• 10/29/2012 — Updated Part 1: High Strangeness in 43-Circle-Corn Pattern Near Ancient Mounds of Chillicothe, Ohio
• 08/31/2012 — Two 2012 U. K. Crop Formations of High Strangeness
• 07/30/2012 — Updated Part 2: Is There A Large Pyramid Underground Between Mt. McKinley and Nome, Alaska?
• 05/17/2011 — Reprint Part 2: Yatesbury, England and Madisonville, Tennessee - A Mayan Link?
• 01/07/2011 — Part 4: Updates On RAF Bentwaters Mystery - Analysis Problems in Penniston's Telepathic Download of Binary Code
• 01/02/2011 — Part 2: Updates On RAF Bentwaters Mystery - IR Anomalies and Telepathic Download of Binary Code
• 01/02/2011 — Part 3: Updates On RAF Bentwaters Mystery - IR Anomalies and Telepathic Download of Binary Code
• 10/11/2010 — Part 3: What A Biophysicist Says About Crop Formations
• 10/09/2010 — Part 2: U. K. Farmers Impressed by High Strangeness in Crop Formations
• 08/23/2010 — Mysterious 3D Wheat Grid and Aerial Light in Wiltshire, U. K.
• 06/04/2010 — Update on Liddington Castle Barley Formation - Linked to Upcoming June 26th Lunar Eclipse?
• 04/30/2009 — Part 2: First 2009 U. K. Crop Formations Counting Down to 2012?
• 06/12/2008 — Barbury Castle Pi Formation: “Perfectly Clean” in Muddy, Rain-Soaked Field
• 06/08/2008 — 2008 Barbury Castle Pattern Is First Ten Digits of Pi 3.141592654
• 10/04/2007 — 070707 East Field Wheat Formation: Lab Analysis
• 08/25/2007 — Woodborough Hill Wheat Pattern Made for Rock Band Video
• 08/21/2007 — More News About August 2007 Woodborough Hill Formation
• 08/17/2007 — Latest 6-Fold Wheat Geometry in Wiltshire, England
• 08/13/2007 — Another U. K. Wheat Formation in August 18th Countdown
• 08/06/2007 — Crop Circle Research and Photography by U. K.'s Lucy Pringle
• 07/27/2007 — Updated: Part 1: 1,033-Foot-Long East Field Wheat Formation "Happened Within 90 Minutes."
• 07/27/2007 — Updated Part 2: Military Helicopters Over East Field Wheat Formation
• 07/23/2007 — 070707 East Field Wheat Formation: Viewer Comments
• 07/07/2007 — Swiss Army Pilot Discovers "Perfect Geometric Figure" and U.K.'s East Field Gets At Least 90 Circles!
• 06/29/2007 — Another Dragonfly “Drone” This Week Near Maxwell AFB
• 06/18/2007 — Crop Circles On Rings and Three Mysterious Aerial Lights in Slovenia
• 06/08/2007 — Part 3: U. S. Crop Formations, Wheat Pictogram in Madisonville, Tennessee
• 06/07/2007 — Bird Eggs Undamaged in Slovenia Crop Formation
• 06/06/2007 — Part 2: Yatesbury, England and Madisonville, Tennessee - A Mayan Link?
• 06/05/2007 — Part 2: U. S. Crop Formations, Two Mysterious Grass Circles in Mission, Kansas
• 06/04/2007 — Part 1: Yatesbury Spiral - Viewer Comments on Spiral Math
• 09/20/2006 — Updated: Three Sets of Concentric Rings in South Texas Field
• 09/13/2006 — Part 1: Ancient Geometries in Toot Baldon, Oxfordshire, Wheat
• 09/13/2006 — Part 2: Enchanting Wheat Bundles of Charlbury, Wiltshire
• 08/17/2006 — Military Helicopter Aggression Toward Red Sphere in U. K.
• 08/16/2006 — Etchilhampton August 15, 2006, Wheat Formation
• 06/11/2006 — Updated: Two Mysterious Circles in Wheat Baffle Kansas Farmer
• 09/02/2005 — Part 1: New York and Ohio Corn Circles "Flattened 2 to 5 Feet Above Ground"
• 09/02/2005 — Part 2: Mysterious Lights At Coles County, Illinois, Corn Circles
• 09/02/2005 — First 2005 Canadian Crop Circles Reported
• 08/02/2005 — Part 1: Anomalies Confirmed in Pennsylvania and Arizona Randomly Downed Crops
• 08/02/2005 — Part 2: Anomalies Confirmed in Pennsylvania and Arizona Randomly Downed Crops
• 07/23/2005 — Mystery of Six Grass Circle Formations in North Carolina
• 05/26/2005 — Phoenix Barley Mystery: Apparently Irrigation and Wind
• 05/20/2005 — May 2005 Crop Formation Update in Six Countries
• 05/09/2005 — Mysterious Lights and 2003 Serpent Mound Soybean Formation
• 04/20/2005 — Outer Space Impact At Serpent Mound, Ohio, 256 Million Years Ago
• 10/17/2004 — American Crop Formations: 1880-2004
• 09/22/2004 — Miamisburg and Serpent Mound, Ohio Crop Formations: Geometries Compared
• 09/06/2003 — Part 2 - Unusual Soybean Formation Near Serpent Mound, Ohio
• 08/11/2003 — Field Notes from Wiltshire, England Crop Circles
• 06/16/2001 — Beyond Stonehenge with Astronomer Gerald Hawkins
• 06/13/2001 — Update on Mysterious Deep Water Sonar Images Off Western Cuba
• 03/02/2001 — Mysterious Lights and Crop Circles - A Book Excerpt
• 06/11/2000 — Two New Crop Formations at Silbury Hill
• 01/05/2000 — Crop Circle Year Book 1999
Binary Code: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_code
Mathematic Wisdom: http://mysterymath.wordpress.com/something-more-than-phi/