Authorized Users of the Subscription are permitted to:
- copy (including printing and downloading) information from the Subscription and retain it as long as they wish for their own personal use;
- store information from the Subscription electronically, provided the use is consistent with the other terms and conditions described here;
- include information from the Subscription in a presentation provided that the material carries the credit © 1999-2002 (copyright advances with each year) by Reporter and Editor Linda Moulton Howe in such a position and typeface as to be clearly visible to the audience;
- include information from the Subscription in a published work provided permission has been sought and obtained from Linda Moulton Howe in advance, and that permission will require that the published work give the full title of the referenced or excerpted news report, the copyright by Reporter and Editor Linda Moulton Howe and the full website address https://www.earthfiles.com. E-mail permission request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Authorized Users must obtain special written permission by e-mail to make information from the Subscription available to non-Authorized Users in any form. This includes, for example:
- making printed or electronic copies of information from the Subscription for provision to non-Authorized Users;
- making available a database of information from the Subscription to non-Authorized Users;
- publishing a collection of information from the Subscription for provision to non-Authorized Users.
Earthfiles.com information is copyright and is subject to all applicable copyright, database protection, and other rights of the copyright owner and publisher. Copyright notices may not be removed, obscured, or modified in any way. Authorized Users must take all reasonable precautions to prevent theft or inadvertent illicit use of the intellectual property in Earthfiles.com’s information. The relevant copyright notice must be displayed on all copies of information made from the Subscription.
Copyright © 1999-2002 and each progressive year by Earthfiles.com and its subsidiaries. All rights reserved.
Earthfiles.com shall use all reasonable endeavors to make the Subscription available on a continuous basis, but if Authorized Users’ access is suspended or interrupted or a fault or defect occurs which prevents access to the Subscription, Earthfiles.com’s liability shall be limited to restoring access as soon as is reasonably practicable. Otherwise Earthfiles.com shall have no other liability to the Subscriber. Earthfiles.com reserves the right to alter the availability of the Subscription.
The information, products, and services included in this web service may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein as news evolves, both in previous reports and current updates. Earthfiles.com and its third party suppliers provide all content as is and without any warranty of any kind.
Earthfiles and its third party suppliers make no representations concerning the suitability, reliability or accuracy of the content or the service provided for any purpose. We and our third party suppliers disclaim all warranties, expressed or implied, in connection with the content and the services provided on the web service, including conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. In the case of goods or services purchased via the Earthfiles Shop, any warranty is supplied by the manufacturer and Earthfiles.com provides no such warranty. In no case will we or our third party providers be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, special or other damages including, without limitation, lost or delay of use, lost profits, loss of data or any other damage in contract, tort, equity or any other legal theory, even if advised of the possibility thereof.
Earthfiles.com might, from time to time, provide opportunities to users of this web service to link to or buy services from third parties. Sites of those third parties may be subject to terms and conditions which are different from those found here. Earthfiles.com makes no warranty concerning third party provided goods or services and you agree that any recourse for dissatisfaction or problems with those goods or services will be sought from the third party provider and not from Earthfiles.com.
Additional Subscriber Terms for Registration and Security
1. As part of the registration process, you will select a password and username. You must provide Earthfiles.com with accurate, complete, and updated registration information. Failure to do so will breach this Agreement. You understand that you may not (i) select or use a name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person; (ii) use the Rights of any person other than yourself without authorization; or (iii) use a name that we, in our sole discretion, deem offensive.
2. You shall notify us by regular mail or by e-mail at email@example.com of any known or suspected unauthorized use(s) of your subscription, or any known or suspected breach of security, including loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure of your password or credit card information. (b) You will be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You will never be required to reveal your password to any representative or agent of Earthfiiles.com, its owners or agents.
3. You must be 18 years or older, or, if acting for a minor, grant permission as parent or guardian for that minor, to become a subscriber. Logging in as a subscriber to Earthfiles.com is confirmation that the person logging in is an adult or has received permission from a parent or guardian to become a subscriber of a site and/or to use the Earthfiles news service.
4. You are responsible for all usage or activity on Earthfiles.com via your password. Distribution of your password for access to Earthfiles.com to others is expressly prohibited and shall constitute a breach of this agreement. Any fraudulent, abusive, or otherwise illegal activity may be grounds for termination of your subscription, at our sole discretion, and you may be referred to appropriate law enforcement agencies.
5. Fees and Payments: Credit card charges will be processed within 24 hours. You will be notified by e-mail 15 days before your subscription ends so that you can renew without interruption to Earthfiles.com. At that time, you will be asked to correct any subscriber information which has changed. Earthfiiles.com subscription costs may change from one subscription period to another.
7. Modifications to this agreement and service. Earthfiles.com has the right, at its sole discretion, to modify this Agreement or the service at any time. Changes in service will be posted on Earthfiles.com. If any portion of this Agreement or any change of this Agreement of the service is unacceptable to you or will cause you to no longer be in compliance with the Agreement, you should discontinue use of the service. Continued use of this subscription service now or following changes in this Agreement means that you have accepted and are bound by the changes.
This Agreement is governed by the law of the State of Pennsylvania and the federal law of the United States of America. Any action to enforce this Agreement shall be brought in the federal or state courts located in Philadelphia.
Official correspondence must be sent via postal mail to: Earthfiles.com, P. O. Box 21843, Albuquerque, NM 87154.
This document explains Earthfiles.com’s (“Earthfiles”) policies for the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. This policy forms part of, and should be read in conjunction with, our Terms and Conditions.
Sharing of Information:
Certain information provided to Earthfiles in the Subscription Sign Up or Earthfiles Shop Merchant Account is shared only with other parties necessary to complete transactions, such as InternetSecure, its consultants and professional advisers on InternetSecure’s behalf for the uses disclosed herein. Earthfiles does not share personal information with any other third parties.
The web server does log your IP address in standard server logs. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer Earthfiles.
Contact Us/Email Inquiries:
No information sent to Earthfiles via email or Earthfile’s Subscription Sign Up form is used for any other reason than to respond to and maintain a record of the inquiry. This information is not sent to third parties or retained for mailing list purposes, other than Earthfiles’ own list of subscribers and Earthfiles Shop purchasers in order to maintain log records of all transactions.
Earthfiles.com Refund Policy
If unsatisfied with any product in the Earthfiles Shop, please return it within 14 days by postmark of purchase and packaged well to prevent damage. Once product is received and evaluated for clean preservation without marks or damage, a full refund can be processed. Shipment cost of any returns is the purchaser’s responsibility. There are no refunds on Earthfiles subscriptions.