March 8, 2006 Western New Jersey – I have known New Jersey survey engineer, Vincent Creevy, for more than a decade. He is very critical-minded and an excellent observer of details in his environment. So, on March 4, 2006, when I received the following e-mail with an attached photograph, I asked Vince if I could share his correspondence at Earthfiles, and he said yes. There have been so many mysterious lights photographed around the world – sometimes seen by the photographer, but most often not seen until after the images are taken.
Mysterious Light on Digital Frame Taken on February 17, 2006, Western New Jersey
I thought you might be interested in this photo. I took on 2/17/06 at around 10:00AM with a Cannon A-95 digital camera. It was cloudy, so there was no sun glare. I took this photo routinely in order to record the forest type as part of some environmental work I was performing on a site in western New Jersey. I don’t know what to make of it and still suspect that it may be some artifact of the camera, but I have never had this happen before.
Best Wishes for the Easter Season,
Updated: March 7, 2006
Mysterious Light on Digital Frame
Taken in December 2003, Maui, Hawaii
From Michele Bryant on the island of Maui in Hawaii came this e-mail and image today:
“Linda, this looks so much like the photo on your site. I took it with my Nikon Coolpix 885 in December of 2003. There was no flash used. It was a cloudy, wet, day but not raining when I took this photo on the island of Maui, on the road to Hana. I’ve never had something like this show up in any photos before of since, even when I tried to make it happen by photographing dust, raindrops, even snowflakes. It was a very special spot. the photo was supposed to be of those gorgeous trees in the background.”
Updated: March 8, 2006
Mysterious Light on Digital Frame
Taken on November 3, 2005, Devil’s Lake, Wisconsin
From Francis Erdman of Schaumburg, Illinois. The location of her mysterious orb image was in a forest south of Devil’s Lake, Wisconsin, on November 3, 2005, at 1 p.m.
“On November 3, 2005, I was visiting a forested nature area south of Devil’s Lake, Wisconsin, with my wife, my sister and her husband. It was a sunny day about 1 PM. We were hiking up a narrow, blind glen and I was taking pictures with my Canon A95 digital camera as we went along. The glen is somewhat shadowy, so my camera flash was operating on almost every shot. I was concentrating on rock formations and general forest scenes.
Several weeks after our return, I was again reviewing these pictures when I noticed what appears to be a translucent bluish sphere in front of a tree in the lower left quadrant of one picture. I did not notice it when I took the picture as I was concentrating on the overall composition of the scene. I have contacted Canon and they say that nothing in the camera’s operation could create this anomaly. None of the prior or following pictures showed any anomaly. I checked the lens before I started shooting and during shooting to be sure it was clean and free of any foreign material.
What is most interesting to me is that when I cropped and enlarged that portion of the picture with the anomaly, it appears to have structure: two inner concentric rings of smaller objects and something in the center. I have shown this picture and the enlargement to many people, some of whom are knowledgeable in photography, and no one has an explanation – nor do I. I have also sent the photos to the Dept. of Natural Resources person responsible for this area and asked if anyone else has reported such an anomaly in the glen. After seeing the photos, he states that no one has ever reported such an anomaly in the glen before. I have been taking pictures since the 1950s, been in this forest glen several times before, and have never captured anything like this on film or digitally before.”
For more information about mysterious balls of light, please see my book, Mysterious Lights and Crop Circles, in the Earthfiles Shop.
Also see the following reports in Earthfiles Archives:
- 01/13/2006 — 31st Cattle Mutilation on Red Bluff, California Ranch
- 11/02/2005 — Part 3: Unusual Animal Deaths -Sheep Mutilations in Moortown, Dartmoor, England
- 09/21/2005 — Silent, Unidentified Aerial Triangle Entered Thunderstorm Over Fairborn, Ohio
- 09/15/2005 — Animal Mutilations Reported in Switzerland, Hollywood and Kansas
- 09/02/2005 — First 2005 Canadian Crop Circles Reported
- 09/02/2005 — Part 2: Mysterious Lights At Coles County, Illinois, Corn Circles
- 09/02/2005 — Part 1: New York and Ohio Corn Circles “Flattened 2 to 5 Feet Above Ground”
- 08/26/2005 — Another Cattle Mutilation in Canada
- 08/09/2005 — Three Extraordinary U. K. Crop Formations Reported August 9, 2005
- 08/07/2005 — Mysterious Light Photographed in Canadian Woods
- 08/02/2005 — Part 1: Anomalies Confirmed in Pennsylvania and Arizona Randomly Downed Crops
- 07/23/2005 — Mystery of Six Grass Circle Formations in North Carolina
- 07/19/2005 — Crop Formation in Czech Republic
- 07/18/2005 — Garsington, Oxfordshire, U.K. Wheat Formation – Astronomical Orbit?
- 07/01/2005 — U. K. Bicyclist Reports Mysterious, Low Hovering Objects Bending Wheat
- 06/02/2005 — Part 2 – Highly Anomalous Pigment Formation in 2004 Hillsboro, Ohio, Crop Formation
- 05/26/2005 — Phoenix Barley Mystery: Apparently Irrigation and Wind
- 05/20/2005 — May 2005 Crop Formation Update in Six Countries
- 05/09/2005 — Mysterious Lights and 2003 Serpent Mound Soybean Formation
- 04/14/2005 — “Battle of Los Angeles” On February 25, 1942: When America’s 37th Coast Artillery Brigade Fired Off 1,430 Anti-Aircraft Shells At A UFO
- 04/13/2005 — Highly Strange Dog Death in Arkansas; 2000-Pound Bull Dropped On Log Pile and Calf Skinned
- 04/12/2005 — First 2005 Dutch Crop Circles Reported in Hoeven, Holland Grass
- 02/21/2005 — Updated – Bull and Cow Mutilations Northwest of Corpus Christi, Texas
- 01/15/2005 — Bull and Cow Mutilations Northwest of Corpus Christi, Texas
- 12/10/2004 — Part 4: “Peculiar Phenomena,” V-2 Rockets – and UFOB Retaliation?
- 12/10/2004 — Part 3: “Peculiar Phenomena,” V-2 Rockets – and UFOB Retaliation?
- 10/17/2004 — American Crop Formations: 1880-2004
- 09/17/2004 — Updated: Part 1 – High Strangeness in Canadian Cattle Corn
- 09/12/2004 — Part 2 – High Strangeness in Canadian Cattle Corn
- 09/04/2004 — Hillsboro, Ohio Corn Formation – High Strangeness in Soil and Plants
- 08/09/2004 — Pictograms in Poland
- 07/25/2004 — 2004 Canadian Crop Formations: Scorched Soybeans and “Dirt” Pattern in Barley
- 07/24/2004 — Part 3 – Crop Formations and Mysterious Lights in Wiltshire, England, July 2004
- 07/24/2004 — Part 2: Crop Formations and Mysterious Lights in Wiltshire, England, July 2004
- 07/06/2004 — Additions to Spanish Fork, Utah Formation and Mysterious Lights Seen
- 05/24/2004 — Biophysicist W. C. Levengood’s Crop Circle Reports Available for First Time On Internet
- 05/22/2004 — 2004 Overview of Crop Formations in Six Countries
- 05/11/2004 — An Extraordinary Photograph in A Dutch Home
- 04/14/2004 — Light Anomalies in Photos of Conondale, Australia Grass Circles
- 01/24/2004 — Oregon Man’s Experiences with High Strangeness
- 01/17/2004 — High Strangeness in the Napoleon, Michigan Sky
- 01/17/2004 — Update on Horton, Michigan Ice Circle
- 11/01/2003 — Another Soybean Formation in Ohio
- 10/10/2003 — Updated – Ohio Hunter’s “Deer Camera” Photographs Mysterious Glowing Disk
- 10/03/2003 — Part 2 – Military Interest in Serpent Mound and Seip Mound Formations?
- 09/06/2003 — Part 3 – Unusual Soybean Formation Near Serpent Mound, Ohio
- 08/23/2003 — Fourteen Crop Formations in Canada
- 08/01/2003 — Field Notes About English Animal Mutilations
- 07/19/2003 — Update – Defiance, Missouri T-Pattern Cut in Saplings
- 07/08/2003 — Mysterious Lights Videotaped Emerging from Ogbourne St. George, England Crop Formation
- 06/27/2003 — Part 1 – Mysterious Lights and Fourteen Crop Formations in Italy
- 06/27/2003 — Part 2 – Mysterious Lights and Fourteen Crop Formations in Italy
- 06/13/2003 — Updated: Fractal Crop Formation in Knobel, Arkansas
- 03/08/2003 — Part 5 – Corguinho, Brazil: Large Light Explodes
- 02/22/2003 — Part 1 – Corguinho, Brazil: Farmer Describes His Transport to A Non-Human Craft on September 15, 2002.
- 11/05/2002 — Canadian Crop Circles and Mysterious Lights in Saskatchewan
- 10/19/2002 — Shifting Time Lines and Earth’s Destiny?
- 10/03/2002 — Part 3 – 2002 Crop Formations In Canada
- 09/02/2002 — Blue Lights and Helicopters in Wiltshire’s East Field
- 07/25/2002 — Strange Stem Anomalies in New Dutch Crop Circles
- 07/20/2002 — Mysterious Lights Seen Above Field Where Nautilus Formation Emerged
- 06/26/2002 — Part 1 – New Crop Formations in England, Holland and Germany
- 05/11/2002 — First 2002 Crop Formation In Wiltshire, England
- 04/27/2002 — Triangle Formation of Moving “Stars” Over Dover, Arkansas
- 11/17/2001 — Scientists Say Mysterious Lights in Hessdalen, NorwayAre Thermal Plasmas of Unknown Origin
- 09/29/2001 — Part 2 – Sasquatch Bigfoot, Visible and Invisible Evidence in North America
- 09/29/2001 — Part 1 – Sasquatch Bigfoot, Physical Evidence in North America
- 09/22/2001 — Huge Hexagram Crop Formation in Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
- 08/29/2001 — Part 1 – Ground Details of Chilbolton “Face”
- 08/25/2001 — Are Crop Formations at Chilbolton Observatory A Response to 1974 Earth Transmission?
- 08/09/2001 — Crop Formation in Holland Changes with Researchers Present
- 06/16/2001 — Beyond Stonehenge with Astronomer Gerald Hawkins
- 06/08/2001 — Another Crop Formation Near Kassel, Germany
- 03/02/2001 — Mysterious Lights and Crop Circles – A Book Excerpt
- 12/13/2000 — Mysterious Clouds of Light in English Crop Formation
- 08/23/2000 — Intelligence Sensed In Mysterious Lights Associated With Crop Formations
- 08/17/2000 — Mysterious Light Near Woodborough Hill Night Before August 13, 2000 Formation
- 07/09/2000 — New Book about Ancient Sites of Wiltshire, England
- 08/01/1999 — 1999 Crop Circle Update from Wiltshire, England
© 1998 - 2020 by Linda Moulton Howe.
All Rights Reserved.