Also see: 030806 Earthfiles
March 24, 2006 – Since reporting in the March 8, 2006, update about the New Jersey survey engineer’s photograph of a ball of light, I received other similar glowing orb photographs which I posted as updates to the 030806 Earthfiles.
Since then, I have received two more unusual orb photographs I would like to share. These contain spiral structures inside the orbs that are peculiar, hard to explain and have also turned up in some photographs at crop formations the past few years.
Unusual Spiral Orb on Digital Frame
Taken in June 2003, Brookline, Massachusetts
March 17, 2006
“Dear Ms. Howe,
I was reading your website, Earthfiles.com, especially taking note of the unusual light photographed by your surveyor friend in New Jersey. There was another photo in the article taken in Wisconsin in which the ‘light’ appeared to have structure. Interestingly, I have a photo from my archives, taken in June 2003, which has a very similar anomaly. It was taken at a Holiday Inn in Brookline, Massachusetts. My family laughed when they saw the photo since it looks like my son is swinging at the ‘ball.’ In fact, there was no ball. I had always assumed the ‘ball’ was a digital photo artifact and nothing more. The photo was taken with a Canon Powershot A60 digital camera. I am an engineer and am, consequently, very skeptical of any supernatural origins!
I took the photograph to a couple of local camera shops, Hunts Camera and Video and Ritz Camera, both in South Portland, Maine. At Hunt’s, the two people I spoke to said they had never seen such an anomaly, but thought it was external to the camera. This was because a blow-up of the image showed chromatic aberration, structure and shadow. The only explanations they could offer were dust on the lens or something in the air that would have triggered the flash. I explained that dust on the lens was unlikely because photos taken immediately before and after did not have the anomaly. If it was something in the air, we did not see it.
At Hunt’s, they had no clue as to what caused the image, having never seen anything like it before either. They, too, thought it was external to the camera. They offered to check out the camera if it appeared gain. I suspect that will be unlikely because this is the only time in hundreds, if not thousands, of photos that the anomaly has appeared. Please feel free to post it to Earthfiles. I would be very interested if anyone else has an explanation.
Unusual Orb and Other Light Anomalies on Digital Frames Taken in February 2006, Eureka Springs, Arkansas
March 20, 2006
A few weeks ago I went to Eureka Springs (Arkansas) with my sister and an old friend for a weekend. We stayed at the Crescent Hotel which was built about 1885 and is supposed to be haunted. After taking numerous photos with my Sony 7.2 megapixel cyber shot camera which showed more anomalies than I ever imagined I would get, I have come to believe that may be the case. Most of the really strange pictures were taken in our room.
After a while orbs became a dime a dozen – there were so many of them and everyone was getting pictures of them. But in our room, to the left of the headboard of one of the beds, is a large white oval that I took 11 pictures of over three days. It would come and go but it always would be in the same location. Most of the photos were taken on our first night there.
I awoke at 6:00 a.m. the next morning and even though it was still dark I took a picture of my sister sleeping and the thing was still there. I only got one picture of it that night, but the next morning when we were ready to check out, I took a few more shots to see if I could get anything and there it was again. My friend had a regular camera and she also got a picture of it although it did not come out as well as mine.
These are the first two pictures I took in our room that evening while my sister was watching T.V. I don’t know enough about digital cameras to know if the glare on the pillow and behind my sister are from a problem with the camera or not (but I think not). When we went on the ghost tour at the hotel we were told that if we got a picture of an orb to take another one because the orbs moved. I wound up taking over 75 pictures looking for orbs and anything else that might pop up.
Do you have any idea what this thing could be? Have you ever seen anything like it? The hotel has a web site that tells the history and a few ghost stories. This hotel was also featured on an episode of Ghost Hunters that is on the Sci-Fi channel and I think it is supposed to air again at the end of this month.
Unusual Orbs on Digital Frame Taken in Summer 2005, Washington, D. C.
“I am sending you another photo I took last summer when we went to Washington D.C. This picture was taken during a tour of the Capitol Bldg. and the room is the old Supreme Court Room. After my weekend at the Crescent I started looking back at all my other pictures I had taken with my digital camera. I was surprised at how many orbs I found – I had never noticed them before. I am willing to bet that many people have pictures of orbs that they don’t know about. There were a lot in our room and on the ghost tour. You can put this photo on your website also.
- 11/02/2005 — Part 3: Unusual Animal Deaths -Sheep Mutilations in Moortown, Dartmoor, England
- 09/21/2005 — Silent, Unidentified Aerial Triangle Entered Thunderstorm Over Fairborn, Ohio
- 09/02/2005 — First 2005 Canadian Crop Circles Reported
- 09/02/2005 — Part 2: Mysterious Lights At Coles County, Illinois, Corn Circles
- 09/02/2005 — Part 1: New York and Ohio Corn Circles “Flattened 2 to 5 Feet Above Ground”
- 08/09/2005 — Three Extraordinary U. K. Crop Formations Reported August 9, 2005
- 08/07/2005 — Mysterious Light Photographed in Canadian Woods
- 08/02/2005 — Part 1: Anomalies Confirmed in Pennsylvania and Arizona Randomly Downed Crops
- 07/23/2005 — Mystery of Six Grass Circle Formations in North Carolina
- 07/19/2005 — Crop Formation in Czech Republic
- 07/18/2005 — Garsington, Oxfordshire, U.K. Wheat Formation – Astronomical Orbit?
- 07/01/2005 — U. K. Bicyclist Reports Mysterious, Low Hovering Objects Bending Wheat
- 06/02/2005 — Part 2 – Highly Anomalous Pigment Formation in 2004 Hillsboro, Ohio, Crop Formation
- 05/26/2005 — Phoenix Barley Mystery: Apparently Irrigation and Wind
- 05/20/2005 — May 2005 Crop Formation Update in Six Countries
- 05/09/2005 — Mysterious Lights and 2003 Serpent Mound Soybean Formation
- 04/13/2005 — Highly Strange Dog Death in Arkansas; 2000-Pound Bull Dropped On Log Pile
- 04/12/2005 — First 2005 Dutch Crop Circles Reported in Hoeven, Holland Grass
- 02/21/2005 — Updated – Bull and Cow Mutilations Northwest of Corpus Christi, Texas
- 01/15/2005 — Bull and Cow Mutilations Northwest of Corpus Christi, Texas
- 12/10/2004 — Part 4: “Peculiar Phenomena,” V-2 Rockets – and UFOB Retaliation?
- 12/10/2004 — Part 3: “Peculiar Phenomena,” V-2 Rockets – and UFOB Retaliation?
- 10/17/2004 — American Crop Formations: 1880-2004
- 09/17/2004 — Updated: Part 1 – High Strangeness in Canadian Cattle Corn
- 09/12/2004 — Part 2 – High Strangeness in Canadian Cattle Corn
- 09/04/2004 — Hillsboro, Ohio Corn Formation – High Strangeness in Soil and Plants
- 08/09/2004 — Pictograms in Poland
- 07/25/2004 — 2004 Canadian Crop Formations: Scorched Soybeans and “Dirt” Pattern in Barley
- 07/24/2004 — Part 3 – Crop Formations and Mysterious Lights in Wiltshire, England, July 2004
- 07/24/2004 — Part 2: Crop Formations and Mysterious Lights in Wiltshire, England, July 2004
- 07/06/2004 — Additions to Spanish Fork, Utah Formation and Mysterious Lights Seen
- 05/24/2004 — Biophysicist W. C. Levengood’s Crop Circle Reports Available for First Time On Internet
- 05/22/2004 — 2004 Overview of Crop Formations in Six Countries
- 05/11/2004 — An Extraordinary Photograph in A Dutch Home
- 04/14/2004 — Light Anomalies in Photos of Conondale, Australia Grass Circles
- 01/24/2004 — Oregon Man’s Experiences with High Strangeness
- 01/17/2004 — High Strangeness in the Napoleon, Michigan Sky
- 01/17/2004 — Update on Horton, Michigan Ice Circle
- 11/01/2003 — Another Soybean Formation in Ohio
- 10/10/2003 — Updated – Ohio Hunter’s “Deer Camera” Photographs Mysterious Glowing Disk
- 10/03/2003 — Part 2 – Military Interest in Serpent Mound and Seip Mound Formations?
- 09/06/2003 — Part 3 – Unusual Soybean Formation Near Serpent Mound, Ohio
- 08/23/2003 — Fourteen Crop Formations in Canada
- 08/01/2003 — Field Notes About English Animal Mutilations
- 07/19/2003 — Update – Defiance, Missouri T-Pattern Cut in Saplings
- 07/08/2003 — Mysterious Lights Videotaped Emerging from Ogbourne St. George, England Crop Formation
- 06/27/2003 — Part 1 – Mysterious Lights and Fourteen Crop Formations in Italy
- 06/27/2003 — Part 2 – Mysterious Lights and Fourteen Crop Formations in Italy
- 06/13/2003 — Updated: Fractal Crop Formation in Knobel, Arkansas
- 03/08/2003 — Part 5 – Corguinho, Brazil: Large Light Explodes
- 02/22/2003 — Part 1 – Corguinho, Brazil: Farmer Describes His Transport to A Non-Human Craft on September 15, 2002.
- 11/05/2002 — Canadian Crop Circles and Mysterious Lights in Saskatchewan
- 10/19/2002 — Shifting Time Lines and Earth’s Destiny?
- 10/03/2002 — Part 3 – 2002 Crop Formations In Canada
- 09/02/2002 — Blue Lights and Helicopters in Wiltshire’s East Field
- 07/25/2002 — Strange Stem Anomalies in New Dutch Crop Circles
- 07/20/2002 — Mysterious Lights Seen Above Field Where Nautilus Formation Emerged
- 06/26/2002 — Part 1 – New Crop Formations in England, Holland and Germany
- 05/11/2002 — First 2002 Crop Formation In Wiltshire, England
- 04/27/2002 — Triangle Formation of Moving “Stars” Over Dover, Arkansas
- 11/17/2001 — Mysterious Lights in Hessdalen, Norway Are “Thermal Plasmas of Unknown Origin”
- 09/29/2001 — Part 2 – Sasquatch Bigfoot, Visible and Invisible Evidence in North America
- 09/29/2001 — Part 1 – Sasquatch Bigfoot, Physical Evidence in North America
- 09/22/2001 — Huge Hexagram Crop Formation in Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
- 08/29/2001 — Part 1 – Ground Details of Chilbolton “Face”
- 08/25/2001 — Are Crop Formations at Chilbolton Observatory A Response to 1974 Earth Transmission?
- 08/09/2001 — Crop Formation in Holland Changes with Researchers Present
- 06/16/2001 — Beyond Stonehenge with Astronomer Gerald Hawkins
- 06/08/2001 — Another Crop Formation Near Kassel, Germany
- 03/02/2001 — Mysterious Lights and Crop Circles – A Book Excerpt
- 12/13/2000 — Mysterious Clouds of Light in English Crop Formation
- 08/23/2000 — Intelligence Sensed In Mysterious Lights Associated With Crop Formations
- 08/17/2000 — Mysterious Light Near Woodborough Hill Night Before August 13, 2000 Formation
- 07/09/2000 — New Book about Ancient Sites of Wiltshire, England
- 08/01/1999 — 1999 Crop Circle Update from Wiltshire, England
© 1998 - 2022 by Linda Moulton Howe.
All Rights Reserved.