August 25, 2007 Alton Barnes, Wiltshire, England – The first extraordinary pictogram that made world news was in 1990 on the Manor Farm in Alton Barnes, Wiltshire, England, co-owned by Tim and David Carson. The farm has long done business as E. & A. G. Stratton, the grandparents who began farming the Alton Barnes and Alton Priors fields from 1888 onward.
In this 2007 crop season, there have been several large crop formations on or around Manor Farm. The biggest (1,033 feet long) and most famous was first discovered in the East Field by three eyewitnesses at 3:20 AM, July 7, 2007, after a bright flash of white light. See: Earthfiles 071907.
There has also been an effort the past few years to look for embedded calendars in the geometries of crop formations – especially patterns of a Mayan or Aztec nature. An Australian scientist described cycles in some crop glyphs that have seemed to count down to August 18, 2007, and other dates in 2009 and December 2012. Aerial photographer, Lucy Pringle, photographed both the West Overton 6-fold geometry near East Kennett and the Woodborough Hill pattern on August 17.
But the next day, Saturday, August 18th, Lucy emailed there was a rumor that the Woodborough pattern had been made for a “commercial purpose,” but there were no details. Then by Monday, August 20th, she had received an anonymous email suggesting the Woodborough pattern turned up as a surprise to the rock band, discussed in Earthfiles 07190. Finally, Lucy emailed on August 24, that Charles Mallett, manager of The Silent Circle Cafe near Cherhill, Wiltshire, heard from Tim Carson’s daughter that in fact the Woodborough wheat formation had been made for a music video. Writer Karen Douglas also emailed that the Woodborough pattern had been made for a music video.
Finally, I was able to reach Tim Carson at Manor Farm early this morning and he confirmed that he was paid by the Australian Gyroscope music group to use a small portion of a Manor Farm field south of Woodborough Hill. Gyroscope is a post-grunge rock band from Perth, Western Australia. Gyroscope started as Gyroscope Sunday in Perth in 1997 with Daniel Sanders on guitar/vocals, Zoran Trivic on guitar/vocals, Brad Campbell on bass/vocals and Rob Nassif on drums. Their new album and music video are scheduled for release on September 10, 2007, with images of Gyroscope playing inside the Woodborough Hill wheat creation after a heavy rain.
Tim Carson, Co-Owner, Manor Farm/E. & A. G. Stratton (grandparents began farm in 1888), Alton Barnes, Wiltshire, England: “I was approached by the manager of the pop music group, Gyroscope, from Australia. They wanted to do a promotion video. So, I let them do what they wanted to do as long as it was fairly small to protect my wheat and I got paid for it.
WHEN DID THEY WORK ON YOUR FARM?
When was it bloody wet? Think it was August 14, 2007 (Tuesday).
IT HAD BEEN RAINING?
Yes, absolutely piss down on that Tuesday and Wednesday. It’s unfortunate they picked that day, but it was the only day they had in their schedule, so they had to go ahead and make the video then anyway.
HOW DID THEY MAKE THE WOODBOROUGH FORMATION IN SO MUCH RAIN?
Two people, Peter Sorensen and another guy, went out and made it late Monday afternoon, August 13th. I took them to the southern canal side of Woodborough Hill around 6 PM, because we knew it was going to be wet on Tuesday (August 14th) from the forecast. And they did not fancy getting wet doing it.
DID YOU WATCH THEM MAKE THE FORMATION?
No, I just took them out to the field and told them this is where I want it. I don’t want it out too far in the field. They showed me the design and I said, ‘Don’t flatten too much because it’s difficult to pick up.’ That was it. I was getting paid for it.
YOU DID GET PAID FOR THE USE OF THE LAND?
I wouldn’t let them do it otherwise.
DID THEIR DRAWING THEY SHOWED YOU MATCH WHAT ENDED UP BEING THE WOODBOROUGH PATTERN?
DID THE SET DIRECTOR FOR THE MUSIC VIDEO DESIGNED HOW THEY WANTED THE CROP FORMATION TO BE?
Originally, they wanted to do the very first pictogram we had here back in 1990, but I said, ‘No.’ I said I wanted something that did not flatten too much wheat. So they came up with a simpler, smaller design.
WHAT WAS THE LENGTH?
No more than 50 meters.
HOW DID THEY USE THAT CROP FORMATION IN THEIR MUSIC VIDEO?
They were playing their song in the middle of it. And we had a cherry picker crane that they were able to get very high up and film from the top of it.
WAS IT RAINING?
No, they stayed inside quite a bit in the barn when it was absolutely chucking down. Then when it stopped raining, they went out into it.
DO YOU KNOW WHEN THE GYROSCOPE ROCK VIDEO WILL BE RELEASED?
WILL IT HAVE THE WOODBOROUGH CROP FORMATION ON IT?
Well, if it doesn’t, they’ve wasted a whole day filming.”
If viewers have more information about crop formations in your region, please email me at [email protected]
- 07/27/2007 —Part 1: 1,033-Foot-Long East Field Wheat Formation “Happened Within 90 Minutes.”
- 07/27/2007 — Part 2: Military Helicopters Over East Field Wheat Formation
- 07/23/2007 —070707 East Field Wheat Formation: Viewer Comments
- 07/07/2007 —Swiss Army Pilot Discovers “Perfect Geometric Figure” and U.K.’s East Field Gets Circles!
- 06/29/2007 —Another “Drone” This Week Near Maxwell AFB
- 06/18/2007 —Crop Circles On Rings and Three Mysterious Aerial Lights in Slovenia
- 06/06/2007 —Part 2: Yatesbury, England and Madisonville, Tennessee – A Mayan Link?
- 06/05/2007 –Part 2: U. S. Crop Formations, Two Mysterious Grass Circles in Mission, Kansas
- 06/04/2007 — Part 1: Yatesbury Spiral – Viewer Comments on Spiral Math
- 05/27/2007 — Part 1 – U. S. Crop Formations Near Indian and Ancient Earth Mounds
- 04/12/2007 — First 2007 Crop Pattern in United States
- 03/14/2007 — Part 5: Mysterious Events At 2005 Tawsmead Copse “Insectogram” Crop Formation
- 03/13/2007 — Part 4: Mysterious Events At 2005 Tawsmead Copse “Insectogram” Crop Formation
- 03/06/2007 — Part 3: Mysterious Events At 2005 Tawsmead Copse “Insectogram” Crop Formation
- 03/04/2007 — Part 2: Mysterious Events At 2005 Tawsmead Copse “Insectogram” Crop Formation
- 02/27/2007 — Part 1: Mysterious Events At 2005 Tawsmead Copse “Insectogram” Crop Formation
- 06/11/2006 — Updated: Two Mysterious Circles in Wheat Baffle Kansas Farmer
- 09/02/2005 — Part 1: New York and Ohio Corn Circles “Flattened 2 to 5 Feet Above Ground”
- 08/02/2005 — Part 1: Anomalies Confirmed in Pennsylvania and Arizona Randomly Downed Crops
- 07/23/2005 — Mystery of Six Grass Circle Formations in North Carolina
- 05/26/2005 — Phoenix Barley Mystery: Apparently Irrigation and Wind
- 05/09/2005 — Mysterious Lights and 2003 Serpent Mound Soybean Formation
- 04/20/2005 — Outer Space Impact At Serpent Mound, Ohio, 256 Million Years Ago
- 10/17/2004 — American Crop Formations: 1880-2004
- 09/22/2004 — Miamisburg and Serpent Mound, Ohio Crop Formations: Geometries Compared
- 09/17/2004 — Updated: Part 1 – High Strangeness in Canadian Cattle Corn
- 09/12/2004 — Part 2 – High Strangeness in Canadian Cattle Corn
- 09/10/2004 — Update on Miamisburg, Ohio, Corn Pictogram – Balls of Light?
- 09/05/2004 — Part 2 – Hillsboro, Ohio Corn Plant Anomalies
- 09/04/2004 — Hillsboro, Ohio Corn Formation – High Strangeness in Soil and Plants
- 09/02/2004 — Updated Photos: Big, Impressive New Corn Formation in Miamisburg, Ohio
- 08/09/2004 — Pictograms in Poland
- 07/25/2004 — 2004 Canadian Crop Formations: Scorched Soybeans and “Dirt” Pattern in Barley
- 07/24/2004 — Part 3 – Crop Formations and Mysterious Lights in Wiltshire, England, July 2004
- 07/06/2004 — Mysteriously Downed Oat Plants in Eagle Grove, Iowa; Downed Corn in Hillsboro, Ohio
- 04/08/2004 — FBI Is Investigating Animal Deaths in Johnston County, North Carolina
- 11/01/2003 — Another Soybean Formation in Ohio
- 10/10/2003 — Updated – Ohio Hunter’s “Deer Camera” Photographs Mysterious Glowing Disk
- 10/05/2003 — Part 3 – Paint Creek Island, Ohio Crop Formation Photographs
- 10/03/2003 — Part 2 – Military Interest in Serpent Mound and Seip Mound Formations?
- 10/02/2003 — Part 1 – Another Soybean Formation Near Seip Mound in Ohio
- 09/12/2003 — 2nd Ohio Soybean Crop Formation is Manmade. USAF Investigation Unit Involved?
- 09/06/2003 — Part 2 – Unusual Soybean Formation Near Serpent Mound, Ohio
- 09/05/2003 — Part 1 – Unusual Soybean Formation Near Serpent Mound, Ohio
- 11/30/1999 — A New Crop Formation In Marion, New York and Crop Research Updates
- 09/05/1999 — Delphos, Kansas Ring Mystery – More Analyses
English Crop Circles, Current and Archived: http://www.cropcircleconnector.com
American Crop Circles, ICCRA: http://www.cropcirclenews.com/
Canadian Crop Circles, CCCRN: http://www.cccrn.ca/
German Crop Circles: http://www.kornkreise-forschung.de
Dutch Crop Circles, DCCA: http://www.dcca.nl
© 1998 - 2018 by Linda Moulton Howe.
All Rights Reserved.