“And apparently, NASA must be used to convince the public that our current technology, such as with our very old and decrepit Space Shuttle program, is the best we have, while our military conducts space missions with technology that we can only fantasize about while watching Star Trek.”
– USAF Medic, 1980s
“The next step is the Air Force program to fly at hypersonic speeds,
circumventing the globe many times before re-entry into the earth’s atmosphere.”
– Gen. Thomas D. White, USAF Chief of Staff, 1957
December 20, 2007 Albuquerque, New Mexico –
1) Subject: US military space program
Date: December 20, 2007
To: [email protected]
I read your report concerning the U. S. military space program and found that it struck a cord from my past. In the mid 80s I was stationed at Los Angeles Air station, California, as a medic. This, I was informed, was where Air Force personnel and private military contractors designed the Space Shuttle.
Without getting to the many rumors of advanced research that I heard while stationed there, I can tell you that my fellow Air Men and I where solicited for duty in a new devision of the Air Force. At the time we were told that it would be called the “Space Force.” It was to handle
military matters from space. It was (as far as we were told) involved
with support for manned military space missions.
I believe that this program must have been in existence for many years
before we were solicited for duty as we were not informed of any security restrictions such as would be imposed by a confidential or secret rating. Generally, medical non-commissioned officers are the last to know what is secret, as the military works on a need to know basis.
Coincidentally, I have an old Popular Science magazine that details a
military space program that involved orbiting space platforms that
harbored nuclear missiles aimed at various countries. As I recall, the
platform had a crew of 6. A space shuttle was used to routinely change
crews. The really interesting part was that this was supposed to have
taken place around the 1950s! And according to Popular Science, all of
this was supported by government documents that were released through the Freedom of Information Act. I guess my point is that if the military were carrying out routine space shuttle flights and maintaining orbiting space stations in the 1950s or early 1960s, what incredibly advanced space vehicles our military must be flying in now! And apparently, NASA must be used to convince the public that our current technology, such as with our very old and decrepit Space Shuttle program, is the best we have, while our military conducts space missions with technology that we can only fantasize about while watching Star Trek.
2) Subject: Secret American Military Space Program?
Date: December 20, 2007
To: [email protected]
I’ve just read through your article about “a secret American military space program” with great interest, especially since reading a couple of years ago about it (existence of ) on an Australian government website: Project Wormwood, Learmonth Solar Observatory, Australian Government, IPS Radio and Space Services.
The information on the website hasn’t changed as far as I can tell and the purpose of “Project Wormwood” at Learmonth Solar Observatory in Western Australia is “Planetary Defense and Space Debris” studies.
This site is the only place I have ever read of the “U.S. Air Force Space
Command” which, according to the description page quoting the commander of the “50th Space wing” Colonel Simon (Pete) Worden, is “planetary defense.”
The site may well be worth your and Earthfiles viewers perusal as it shows how NASA fits into all this as an instigator of the project – and reading between the lines just what they are up to, but don’t quite spell out – especially how defense actually means offense in today’s Orwellian doublespeak.
2) Subject: “Secret Air Force Space Program”
Date: December 9, 2007
To: [email protected]
Longtime listener to Coast to Coast. Caught your story about the “secret” program. I’m a retired Electrical Engineer from Bechtel Corp. in San Francisco. In my career, I worked on a variety of projects for Bechtel in the 1950s, 1960s, 1970s and early 1980s, ranging from refinery and chemical plants to the Trans-Alaskan Pipeline in the early 1970s and several nuclear power stations.
Our company, published a monthly magazine called the Bechtel Brief, that spotlighted new and ongoing projects around the world. One that I particularly remember was the award of a contract to Bechtel for the construction of launch facilities for a “reusable” space plane at Vandenberg AFB. The project was started and I even had a small part in it designing launch control panels for the onsite facilities. A photo shoot was included in one of the company’s Briefs that clearly showed the pad and the plume shoots for the boosters and main engines.
One of the interesting features of this facility was the design of a water injection system to control particulates from the solid rocket boosters and to reduce acoustic damage to the concrete from the engines (something that was retrofitted to the pad in Florida several years into the NASA program).
Time frame for this, in my fading recollection, would have been in the early to mid 1970s. The project was abruptly shut down and the engineers reassigned due to what I recall was a dispute with the California Coastal Commission or some environmental group(s) because of the site’s proximity to the California coast, nesting birds and the launch tracks over southern California and concerns over possible mission aborts with “military” cargoes.
This WAS during the time when the Air Force was starting the Global GPS program and had hinted at the launch of nuclear powered satellites. As a matter of fact, I recall that one of the first geostationary sats was a spy sat program named Pegasus that was believed to have been nuclear powered (it was), but denied by the Air Force…let them come and get me!
I worked with many engineers who came to Bechtel from AeroJet in Sacramento, California. AeroJet was where most of NASA’s engines were tested (including the later SRBs) and they spoke constantly of the work out there.
Interestingly, the Soviets were building a parallel program to the Air Force’s “Shuttle.” It was a bit smaller in dimension than the current NASA shuttles, but very very similar in shape, design and materials. The original Air Force plane was also smaller than NASA’s current configuration – but as a smaller configuration, identical to the Soviet’s plane.
Kinda provokes the question: “Who stole who’s design? Did we steal theirs? Or did they steal ours?” But “secret”… not very.
3) Subject: Secret Astronaut Corps
Date: December 1, 2007 6:00:24 AM MST
To: [email protected]
Most of my military career was served as a technical intelligence officer / space systems designer for the NRO (National Reconnaissance Organization). In 1979, I wrote the “Security Classification Guide for DOD STS (i.e. Space Shuttle) Missions.” Seven such semi-covert missions were – at that time – fully planned and scheduled for launch during the early years of the operational flights.
We couldn’t make shuttle launches invisible. But the nature of the payload – of which there were many types, each with (1) a specific final orbit and (2) a unique payload specialist (by name) – had to remain Top Secret. Identifying either of these items in the open press would have given the Russians a “heads up.”
All launches which did lift off before the Challenger disaster – at which time all DOD Shuttle flights were cancelled – were identified only as “DOD Mission 11-A,B,C…” etc. (See the NASA/SHUTTLE/HISTORY webpage for dates)
The cadre of some 20 secret DOD astronauts routinely trained with the normal astronauts, but their names or faces never appeared in any NASA documents, training schedules or PIO films. Their uniforms and spacesuits did not have name tags. While writing classified procedures or training for payload-related activities, they lived in a Top Secret “city” built inside the giant Crawler which carried (carries) Apollo and the Shuttle from the Vertical Assembly Building to the launch pad.
USAF was building a huge STS launchsite and training facility at Vandenberg AFB, California, so security on later classified missions could be maintained. Rockwell International even built a secret fifth shuttle for use there. But, when Challenger exploded, DOD payloads returned to using expendable launch vehicles. The secret shuttle became NASA’s ATLANTIS.
Again, this secret DOD Space Program ended with the Challenger explosion. The Vandenberg launchsite (SLC-6) is now leased to a private firm. I have no knowledge of any currently secret military or NASA manned space programs.
4) Subject: Military UFO
Date: December 7, 2007 9:01:27 AM MST
To: [email protected]
Report by physicist and pilot from two years ago on 04-09-2005: I saw what I believe to be a UFO in Comanche County, Texas, at 9:12 PM local time.
That evening, I was walking back to my motor home after wild boar hunting in an unpopulated area that I lease for hunting. The sky was clear; wind calm and the sun had just set. The sky was growing darker and darker blue straight above and stars were beginning to show. The sky was becoming black in the east. The setting sun was still keeping the western horizon illuminated and indirect lighting from the west made it possible to see my way without a flashlight.
I had my .243 Win. Remington 700 varmint rifle of which I am a quite an accomplished shooter. It is considered a “high-powered” rifle. I do quite a bit of bench rest competitive shooting with it as well as hunting. The rifle is set up with a high-tech “Leupold” optical sight, (scope) which is extremely accurate and highly specialized for great light gathering ability and performs best in low light conditions. It is not what is called a “night vision” sight. The scope magnifies the target image with great sharpness and definition and the magnification is adjustable from 4.5 to 14 times that of the natural image.
Upon my return to the motor home, I was tired after a long walk. I had carried quite a bit of equipment with me. I sat on a chair, took my eyeglasses off and toweled my face as it is already becoming hot in Texas. While I rested, without my glasses on, I noticed three very “unfocused” lights to my south and these lights were moving toward me. Immediately I put my glasses back on and saw what I believe was a UFO.
The object approached from the south-southwest and while moving north-north east, passed almost directly overhead making no sound whatsoever. I estimate its altitude to be somewhere about 800 feet and its airspeed speed approximately 30 mph. It “floated” and did not fly as it obviously had insufficient airspeed to fly. (I am a physicist & an FAA licensed pilot) While the sky was almost entirely black behind it, I could clearly see its underside as it was illuminated from the fading sunlight to the west. I estimate that the machine was about 60 feet wide and 80 feet long and 10 feet thick at the rear. Under its belly, there was a straight line going from its leading tip toward the center of the aft edge of the fuselage, which was perpendicular to its travel. This straight edge clearly showed its shape to be three-dimensional. The straight line showed that its belly was V-shaped, much like the hull of a speedboat. It was similar to the space shuttle as when viewed from in front and below the shuttle.
This machine was directly over me and I was alone in the middle of nowhere, therefore, I felt quite “uneasy.” It made no threatening moves whatsoever, but I aimed my rifle at it and through the riflescope, which was set on 8.5 power, I could clearly see surface detail in explicit detail. The machine’s surface detail appeared to be covered with well-fitted tiles, much like the ceramic tiles used on the United States Space Shuttle. Then in the fading light, I noticed a distinct marking.
This marking was absolutely shocking, as I could actually read it! It was white print outlined in black on a red arrow pointing toward a rectangle of sorts. The arrow pointed at a something rectangular that I cannot define, but I clearly could read these three words, “EMERGENCY RELEASE and RESCUE.” In the same place were other words that appeared too fuzzy to read. I suspect that these words were “PULL FOR…” Instantly I realized that this was a military machine and no “flying saucer.” I felt much better as I knew that these were surface details that were intended to help rescue people access and then be able to remove the pilots on board in the event of a crash.
I kept the crosshairs on the center of the aircraft as it disappeared into the darkness but as I realized it was “one of ours” and it was not a threat to my own personal safety (I think) I put the rifle safety back on. I can see however that others may have “defensively” shot at it — and that may have resulted in a crash of the vehicle.
I am somewhat “pissed off” at the military as while this area is directly under the Ft. Hood, Texas MOPA and practice flights are flown daily, really – they should not be taking chances like this where someone on the ground could actually be shooting the damned things down! I am sure that the military pilots (if it even had a crew…) were aware of my presence but they NEVER expected possible “offensive action” to be taken against them on this low level flight. The last thing I would have ever have wanted would have taken a “defensive” shot and then find American military pilots onboard in the wreckage.
5) Subject: DIA and EBE’s/military?
Date: December 9, 2007 4:38:03 PM MST
To: [email protected]
Had a good friend who used to work at Denver International Airport (DIA) and I grilled him at length about anything he’s seen at the airport, as I knew very well the “conspiracy theories” that abound about the place. Note that he worked as a cleaner at the airport and so, had extra access in terms of time frames (overnight) and access points. These were some things he told me he personally witnessed.
1) A “bleep” approaching on control tower that appeared at same time each night, but never appeared to the naked eye.
2) Once they saw a shower of what looked to be fireworks or some kind of explosion far out in the landing areas in middle of the night.
3) Large collections of dead creatures (squirrels, rabbits, etc) found in open areas.
4) A place where the “ground flips up” and blacked out SUV’s routinely drive in and out. An official told them once that it was “NASA” operating there.
5) Entered what appeared to be an elevator room on the lowest known floor and pushed the down button, whereupon FBI agent immediately appeared and shoo’d him away.
6) Once while walking past a mysterious door an agent appeared and told him they were never to even go past this door! When he said they had a pass, then the guy bragged that you needed a pass “like this” and showed him some kind of electronic flashing pass thing. Has experienced similar “shooing” in some tunnel areas.
6) Subject: EAST Loring Air Force Base!
Date: December 8, 2007
To: [email protected]
I have a friend who was in the U. S. Air Force and worked guarding nuclear sites, like up in Montana. At one point he was stationed at Loring AFB in Maine (near Limestone, Aroostook County, Maine). He said that there were always rumors of “something” happening at one of the facilities there, but he said it was another part called “East Loring,” which had been shut down years before he was stationed at Loring.
He had a few friends who were dangerously bold and decided they wanted to go see the closed down East Loring base. I don’t know their names, so let’s call them friends #1, #2, and #3. Friends #1 and #2 were determined to go; friend #3 would go along with their plan, but he didn’t want to go himself. Friend #3 would just try to cover for them while they checked it out.
What we know is friend #1 and #2 reached a large concrete facility that was sort of like a big courtyard. It was a wreck and abandoned, but had huge, thick walls of concrete around it with guard towers there. The first bizarre thing they noticed about this place was the machine-gun mounts (no guns were there, just the quick-set mounts to put them on). The mounts were installed around the base to face inward, instead of to face outside the base, like you’d assume a normal defensive setup would be. Friends #1 and #2 continued to look around and they got deeper and deeper into the base. Finally they reached some heavily blocked in areas, but they wanted to continue.
I don’t know exactly how this is possible, but they found a way inside and went down vehicle ramps that were going several stories below ground and finally reached another impassable area. They found a way around and discovered what they described as an “underground city.” They drew a map for my friend and he showed me.
Underground, there was a Burger King, a pharmacy or something, and half of a K-mart like store. Then the whole area had concrete that had been poured in. I’m pretty sure they were telling that these were actual full-scale, workable, self-standing buildings. Maybe this place had been the site of a weird social experiment or something to see if normal life could exist in a huge bunker? I don’t know. I’m guessing.
They reached a point where they could only go further by crawling through some ruined parts and #1 took off his pack and gun and wanted to continue. #2 thought this was crazy and wanted to leave right then, but #1 told him to wait. Anyway, #2 was waiting outside, getting impatient because #1 had been gone too long. But then #1 came running out, told #2 he saw “something” and then they both scrambled back to Loring AFB.
The reason they were discovered and got into trouble was because in his panic, #1 left the pack and gun and that’s a serious, serious problem. They were both in severe trouble, and I’m pretty sure they were sent to other bases. #1 told #2 about “whatever” he saw that scared him so bad, and then they both explained it to #3. #3 was very specific about retelling the story to my buddy, and said that they told him what they saw, but he would NOT tell my friend.
I guess that implies one of those “better off not knowing” sort of deals if it is to be taken seriously, but I don’t know. The rumors that the base circulated was that whatever was going on in the East Loring underground was aborted, and the facility was flooded to secure it. I don’t know if this means they flooded it with all the staff unknowing, still inside, to silence a problem, or what?
Earthfiles would like to hear from people who might have firsthand information about a secret American military space program. All requests for confidentiality are honored. Please email [email protected]
- 11/25/2007 —Part 4: In League With A UFO
- 11/21/2007 —Part 3: In League With A UFO
- 11/20/2007 —Do Black Budget Trillions Support A Secret American Space Program?
- 11/14/2007 —Part 2: In League With A UFO
- 11/06/2007 — Part 1: In League With A UFO
- 10/21/2007 —Viewer Comments About Big Triangles and Lights – In Conflict?
- 10/19/2007 —Updated: Huge, Silent, Black Triangle Craft Over Youngstown, Florida
- 09/20/2007 —Part 2: Psi Spies – True Story of America’s Psychic Warfare Program
- 09/16/2007 — Part 5: Military Insiders Comment About Zeta Reticuli and EBENs
- 09/14/2007 —Part 1: Psi Spies – True Story of America’s Psychic Warfare Program
- 09/11/2007 —Part 4: Military Insiders Comment About Zeta Reticuli and EBENs
- 09/07/2007 —Part 3: Military Insiders Comment About Zeta Reticuli and EBENs
- 09/05/2007 —Part 2: Military Insiders Comment About Zeta Reticuli and EBENs
- 08/30/2007 —Part 1: Military Insiders Comment About Zeta Reticuli and EBENs
- 08/24/2007 —Orange-Red “Fiery” Aerial Spheres
- 07/14/2007 —Schofield Barracks, Oahu, Hawaii – Huge, Lime Green Oval Craft Hovered Over Battalion Headquarters
- 01/02/2007 —Grey Aerial Disk Reported by Chicago O’Hare United Airlines Pilots and Mechanics
- 12/27/2006 —Part 7: Inside Saucer Post …3-0 Blue
- 12/18/2006 —Part 6: Inside Saucer Post …3-0 Blue
- 10/28/2006 —Close UFO Encounter by USAF Eyewitnesses
- 09/05/2006 —Part 2: “Alphonso Lorenzo” – Military Visitor to Another Planet?
- 07/17/2006 —Area 29 – A Reverse Engineering Center of E. T. Technology?
- 06/18/2006 —Viewer Letters About NASA Airbrushing Photos; EBENs and Reptilian Humanoids
- 06/07/2006 —Gary McKinnon: An Electronic “Robin Hood”?
- 05/05/2006 —Military Man’s Description of EBE Telepathic Download
- 04/28/2006 —Part 1: Mysterious Bismuth/Magnesium Metal from Wedge-Shaped Aerial Vehicle
- 04/19/2006 —Part 19 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 04/13/2006 —High Strangeness In Skies Near White Sands Missile Range
- 04/12/2006 —Part 18 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 04/11/2006 —Part 17 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 04/05/2006 —Part 16 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 03/23/2006 —Part 15 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 02/28/2006 —Part 13 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 02/27/2006 —Part 4: Military Voices Reply About Government Interaction with UFOs
- 02/23/2006 —Huge Boomerang Craft and Blond Beings
- 02/22/2006 —Part 3: Military Voices Reply About Government Interaction with UFOs
- 02/21/2006 —Part 2: Military Voices Reply About Government Interaction with UFOs
- 02/21/2006 —Part 1: Military Voices Reply About Government Interaction with UFOs
- 02/19/2006 —Part 12 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 02/17/2006 —Updated: White Sands Navy Radar Operator Saw Discs Circle V-2 Rocket Launches
- 02/10/2006 —Crashed Disc Photos, “Ebens,” and Area 51 “Anti-Gravity”
- 02/07/2006 —Military Voices Reply About Government Interaction with UFOs.
- 02/05/2006 —Part 11 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 01/29/2006 —Part 10 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 01/27/2006 —Part 2: Navy Physicist and USAF Geophysicist Discuss UFOs and ETs
- 01/20/2006 —Part 1: Navy Physicist and USAF Geophysicist Discuss UFOs and ETs
- 01/17/2006 —Part 9 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 01/09/2006 —Part 8 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 01/03/2006 —Part 7 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 12/31/2005 —Part 6 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 12/27/2005 —Part 5 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 12/24/2005 —Part 4 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 12/24/2005 —Part 3 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 12/21/2005 —Part 2 – Peculiar Phenomenon, Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 12/21/2005 —Part 1 – Peculiar Phenomenon, Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 05/03/2005 —Part 2: Japan Air Lines Pilot Interview About November 1986 UFO Encounter
- 05/03/2005 —Part 3: Japan Air Lines Pilot Interview About November 1986 UFO Encounter
- 04/14/2005 — “Battle of Los Angeles” On February 25, 1942: When America’s 37th Coast Artillery Brigade Fired Off 1,430 Anti-Aircraft Shells At A UFO
- 03/24/2005 —Part 6: UFO Crash/Retrievals: Status Report III – Amassing The Evidence
- 12/30/2004 —September 12, 1952: America’s “Secret War”? Part 1: UFO Retrieval in Flatwoods, West Virginia
- 12/30/2004 —September 12, 1952: America’s “Secret War”? Part 2: USAF Starfire Disappeared Over Gulf of Mexico
- 12/30/2004 —September 12, 1952: America’s “Secret War”? Part 3: Nuclear Physicist Stanton Friedman Comments
- 12/30/2004 —Audience Feedback About Earthfiles “September 12, 1952: America’s ‘Secret War’?”
- 12/22/2004 —Part 1: “Reasons Why U.S. Government CAN’T Release Truth About UFOs!” with Canadian Researcher, Grant Cameron
- 12/22/2004 —Part 2: “Reasons Why U.S. Government CAN’T Release Truth About UFOs!” with Canadian Researcher, Grant Cameron
- 12/17/2004 —Updated – Feedback About Destruction of U. S. Military Records
- 12/10/2004 —Part 3: “Peculiar Phenomena,” V-2 Rockets – and UFOB Retaliation?
- 12/10/2004 —Part 4: “Peculiar Phenomena,” V-2 Rockets – and UFOB Retaliation?
- 12/07/2004 —Part 2: “Peculiar Phenomena,” V-2 Rockets – and UFOB Retaliation?
- 12/04/2004 —Part 1: “Peculiar Phenomena,” V-2 Rockets – and UFOB Retaliation?
- 04/13/2004 —Part 7: UFO Crash/Retrievals: The Inner Sanctum – Status Report VI © July 1991 by Leonard H. Stringfield
- 04/02/2000 —Secret Radar Stations in New Mexico, Part 2
- 04/02/2000 — Secret Radar Stations in New Mexico, Part 1
X-20 Dyna-Soar: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-20_Dyna-Soar
Majestic-12 Documents: http://www.majesticdocuments.com
© 1998 - 2019 by Linda Moulton Howe.
All Rights Reserved.