Updated - Part 4: U. S. Navy Captain Comments On Google Earth
Image of Mutilated Cattle in Haigler, Nebraska
© 2013 by Linda Moulton Howe
“Something very unusual struck me. If these two lighter and brighter
colored photo strips were left over from earlier satellite photos,
their location would most likely be random and not related to each other.
However, if you look at the jpeg of the area I have attached to this
email, they are very definitely related to the dead cows!”
- Retired Naval Flight Officer Captain Mark Wood
Haigler, Dundy County Nebraska, (Google marker) is only 100 miles southeast of Sterling,
Logan County, Colorado, where hundreds of mutilated cattle, horses and other animals were
reported to the Logan County Sheriff's Office from the early 1970s ongoing to date. See
Earthfiles Shop for An Alien Harvest: Further Evidence Linking Animal Mutilations
and Human Abductions to Alien Life Forms and the 2-volume Glimpses
of Other Realities © by Linda Moulton Howe.
Return to Part 1.
Updated August 12, 2013 Albuquerque, New Mexico - I emailed to retired Naval Flight Officer Mark Wood the Google Earth image and Lat/Long coordinates of the 3 dead pregnant cows sent to me by Haigler, Nebraska rancher Alex Peterson, Updated Part 3 of these Earthfiles reports. I received back the following email from Captain Wood with written permission to use on the record his full name and military background.
Mark Wood holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace Engineering from Georgia Tech and a Master’s Degree in Ocean Engineering from Florida Atlantic University. He is also a Registered Professional Mechanical Engineer (P.E.). He was screened for Aviation Command and was assigned as the Executive Officer of the first Reserve Patrol Squadron to be assigned the new P-3C Update III as well as the Commissioning Commanding Officer of a Reserve Patrol Squadron Augment Unit (VPSAU).
He has studied the Google Earth images supplied by Alex Peterson and provided the following information and Google Earth image analysis for reprint in this Earthfiles Part 4 about current bloodless mutilations of cattle and horses ranging from England to Argentina to the United States.
In the upper left of this Google Earth satellite image are the first three dead black
Angus pregnant cows on the Windmill Ranch, Haigler, Nebraska. The top cow
in the triangle pattern to the north is the first mutilated cow still up on her legs where
Alex Peterson dragged her some 300 feet from the windmill. The black Angus cow
to the southeast is the second mutilation from which the developing calf was removed
from her belly. The third injured pregnant cow that seemed to have a broken spine - perhaps
dropped by something to the ground, but not mutilated - is the body to the left of the other
two forming a triangular pattern. The Lat. and Long. of the three cows are:
40 degrees 04 minutes 22.98 seconds North 101 degrees 52 minutes 49.07 seconds West
Imagery Date: 6/24/2013 40 degrees 04 minutes 22.98 seconds North
101 degrees 52 minutes 49.07 seconds West elevation 3382 feet eye altitude 13605 feet
The date of the above Google Earth image was June 24, 2013, the same day that Veterinarian Nathan Boyer, D. V. M., euthanized the third pregnant Angus cow that apparently had a broken spine and from which Dr. Boyer collected tissue samples for veterinarian pathology analysis. June 24th was also the first day that the third dead pregnant Angus cow with the broken spine was dragged to the site of the two previous mutilated cows, forming the triangular pattern mysteriously photographed by Google Earth that very day at 13,605 feet from what retired Naval Flight Officer Mark Wood thinks was an airplane, not satellite.
On August 12, 2013, he added this note to this updated Part 3 with the corrected timeline by rancher Alex Peterson:
Linda – if you go to Google Earth and up in the tool bar where it has the words File-Edit-View-Tools-Add-Help, and pull down the view window, you will see a line that says Historical Imagery. When you activate this, a time line bar appears towards the top of your map image that has a bunch of vertical lines on it. If you move the arrow on the bar to these lines, you will see the background image change and the imagery date change. These dates represent the background satellite image used and when it was taken.
So the 6/24/2013 image is the newest satellite image for this area. [ Emphasis added.] IF you move the arrow to the left to an older image, the cows disappear. I think what we are seeing is in fact what we said. The large area low resolution information is from satellites. They then update the low resolution maps with higher resolution images taken from aircraft to show continual changes that are important, i.e. new roads, buildings, commercial construction etc. So I think the theory that those two strips with the lighter brighter green were in fact aerial photo strips taken by aircraft because someone showed an interest in the mutilation story and wanted to update that area with higher resolution photos. So now the question is who? and why?
To: Linda Moulton Howe <firstname.lastname@example.org>
RE: August 10, 2013 Earthfiles Re: Haigler, Nebraska Pregnant Angus Mutilations
From: Captain Mark A. Wood, P.E., retired Naval Flight Officer (NFO)
Date: August 11, 2013Mark Wood, retired Naval Flight Officer (NFO):
1. I did see two separate areas of “lighter/brighter” green content or ground cover in the vicinity of the location of the three dead Angus cows. One was @ 1250ft on a bearing of 022 degrees from the cows (see purple line in attached jpeg).
CLICK HERE FOR LARGER IMAGE
The area was comprised of two distinct square patterns that were both about 400 feet on a side which would make the area 4 acres or so for each square. [ Square 1 far left of Google Earth bottom strip. Square 2 above larger image of 3 Angus Cows. ]
The two separate lighter green squares appeared to be a little narrower at the northern end which is similar to other photo strips we have seen on Google Earth. The second area was almost due west from the dead cows and was oriented East-West. It began about one mile from the cows and was just short of a mile in length (see second purple line in attached jpeg). It was however twice as wide as the two squares to the Northeast. It also had a “lighter/brighter” green content or ground cover, although it was not as distinct as the first area. (as you will see below, this may be related to a difference in altitude of the camera taking the photo strips)
2. Based on previous analyses of Google Earth that we have done, it isn’t unusual for photo strips from different times to be patched together. From what I have been able to find out, Google uses a “base map” for the majority of their maps that is of lower resolution that can be as much as 3 years old. (If you remember, we not only saw this in the Alaska Google Earth map, but also in the Mars images of Gale crater where the Curiosity rover landed where we saw a number of “copied patches” located near the crater and many areas of low resolution). See: 092412 Earthfiles "Why Is NASA Faking Gale Crater Images On Mars?"
So if we assume that is the case, then the area in the vicinity of Mr. Peterson’s farm could have a lot of the background being 3-years-old. Since he lives in a rural area, there is probably not as much updating or the need for updating as one would expect in areas of higher population density and construction activity where new roads or houses or commercial buildings are changing the landscape frequently. So Google tends to update those areas with higher resolution images on a more frequent basis. With regard to the two light photo strips near the dead cows, my initial assumption was that they may have been left over from earlier updates. But then as I looked closer, something very unusual struck me. If these two lighter and brighter colored photo strips were left over from earlier satellite photos, their location would most likely be random and not related to each other. However, if you look at the jpeg of the area I have attached to this email, they are very definitely related to the dead cows!
3. If you take the two “lighter-greener” rectangles of alleged ground in far left sectioned through with highlight red lines, and extend them as I did with the yellow lines, the two extensions intersect almost on top of the location of the three dead cows. This means that these two photo strips are in fact related, they are definitely related to the dead cows.”
Lat. and Long. of the three cows in upper left are:
40 degrees 04 minutes 22.98 seconds North 101 degrees 52 minutes 49.07 seconds West
Google Earth image dated June 24, 2013.
Google Earth image made June 24, 2013, the same day that rancher Alex Peterson dragged his third dead cow with the broken spine to the same spot 300 feet from his windmill where he had dragged the other two mutilated pregnant cows. The three formed a triangular pattern on the ground that Google Earth photographed soon after on June 24, 2013. Alex Peterson discovered this fact while searching in Google Earth to see what the environment around the windmill was that might explain why he was suffering mutilated and damaged cows - three between June 16 and June 23, 2013. The 4th mutilated pregnant cow that was dropped dead headfirst into a hole was not found until Thursday, August 1, 2013. Images and details upcoming in Part 5 of this Earthfiles series.
Mark Wood: “The other thing that is interesting is the difference in width. The longer strip going from West to East has a width of almost 800 Ft and the smaller area running from Northeast to Southwest has a width of @400Ft. Why are these dimensions of interest? Because they are exactly what we would expect to see if we had an aircraft flying at some altitude coming in to photograph an area of interest and as they over flew the area verifying that they were in the right location (they saw the dead cows on the ground) and then made a circling turn to the left decreasing altitude to get a better photograph with higher resolution and crossed back over the area of interest on a course relatively perpendicular to the first pass.
I have some 3000 hours in Navy P-3 maritime patrol aircraft and a large percentage of those hours were spent doing open ocean search for Soviet surface ships and submarines. When you find any ship in your area of interest, you do what is called “ a photo rig” or "Full Rig. "
You fly down the ships course passing abeam taking photographs. As soon as you pass the ship, you make a 270 degree turn to either the right or the left and level off on a course that is 90 degrees to the ships course and cross in front of the target taking additional photographs of the bow. You then make another 270 degree turn , this time coming down the target from bow to stern on the opposite side from the first pass. Finally you make one more 270 turn leveling off again on a course perpendicular to the target's course, this time passing behind so you get photographs of the stern. This is called a “full rig”.
If you need to save time, and fuel you can do what is called a “quick rig” which is just two passes - one down the side in the direction of the targets movement which allows you to calculate course and speed, and then a single 270 degree turn leveling off on a course that is 90 degrees to the targets course and fly either in front of or behind the target so you can photograph the ship's name either on the bow or the stern, which also has the name and home port if it is a merchant ship.
4. These two photo strips were made like all maritime patrol aircraft fly a quick rig. They got the photos on the first pass and flew a second pass at a lower altitude to get better resolution photos. How do I know that they flew lower on the pass from Northeast to Southwest than the first pass from West to East? Because the width of the photo strip is narrower!! When an aerial photograph is taken by an aircraft that has an automatic camera taking photo strips of the ground, the angle of the lens is fixed. Think about an SLR camera where you change out a lens. You have wide angle lens, narrower lenses for close ups and some telephotos that allow you to manually change the power and zoom, which also changes the angle in the view. In the case of a recording aerial camera the lens is fixed so that the angle viewed does not change. Thus if you are at a higher altitude, with a fixed angle on the lens, then the photo strip you get is of a wider strip of land and as you decrease altitude you get a narrower strip of land because the width of the strip is a function of the aircraft’s altitude and the angle of the lens.
5. The other thing I discovered about Google’s updates is that many of the high resolution images do not come from the satellite cameras. They come from aerial cameras contracted by Google to update the higher resolution photographs in areas of interest. The western part of Nebraska is not what one would call a hotbed of construction or possess a high population density. So there is no need to update photographs over the short term.
In fact, according to a search I did online, most photography that is incorporated into Google Earth and Google Map needs up to 6 months of post processing before it is ready to be incorporated into the Earth or Map views. Most of this has to do with the nature of the satellite imagery. However, using aircraft to take the higher resolution photos of specific areas of interest, they can get newer low altitude high resolution updates relatively quickly and in fact do so on a schedule that can be less than three months. In the case of Mr. Peterson’s cows, the cows were dragged to their current location between July 13th and 18th, and within 3 weeks, they were showing up on Google Earth. Satellite post processing can’t be done that quickly.
6. One other aspect of these two strips relates to Mr. Peterson’s comment that he thought someone had pasted these light patches onto Google Earth from older photos to cover something up. On the contrary, I think that this is further evidence that these are more recent aerial photo strips. My reasoning is as follows:
Most of the photography that comprises rural areas in the world like western Nebraska comes from commercial satellite cameras at high altitude. Even though these cameras have great resolution and can pick out objects from 3-5 ft in size from orbit (newer military reconnaissance satellites can read a license plate) the resolution of the pixels can be as high as 15 feet whereas a lower altitude aircraft camera can have pixels with a resolution of as low as 2 feet or less. If you think about looking at the color of a section of ground in the western United States, that is 15 feet by 15 feet, unless you are flying over a growing field of corn, the chances are that most of what you see in that 15 feet will be dirt with some green plants. But since there is more dirt, the color of the pixel will be skewed to the brown color of the dirt.
On the other hand, an aircraft camera flying at lower altitude that has a pixel resolution of say 2 feet which have both dirt and plants in that two foot square and hence the green plant will comprise a greater percentage of the color than the 15 foot square pixel taken from the satellite. Therefore the pixel’s color will shift from the brown of the earth to the green of the plants and thus the pixels will have a greener hue than the surrounding pixels which were created from satellite photos. That is why these two photo strips appear greener because of the fact that they were taken at lower altitude where the green of the plants had a greater impact on the color of the pixels.
As a result, and because these photo strips are definitely related to the 3 cows which were not in place before June 24th, I believe that these light areas are in fact new photos and photos taken from aerial cameras, not older satellite photos. I also think that when the aerial strips were processed, they kept the detail that we see in the two “lighter and brighter” green areas and erased the details in the areas closer to the dead cows so as not to give the impression that these photo strips were pasted into Google Earth in the form of a new overlay. So that there would be nothing obvious seen in the areas of the cows. However, Mr. Peterson’s curiosity because these were his cows, caused him to zoom out to see if he could see anything else and he saw these green patches and was immediately suspicious.
[ Emphasis by Earthfiles.]
7. And finally, one last nail in the coffin to show that these photos were taken by an aircraft is that satellites have photo strips that follow the inclination of their orbit with respect to the equator. So all the photo strips you see from one satellite will be at the same angle and parallel to each other. And in no case do photo reconnaissance satellites fly from due West to due East. This first pass was made from West to East and thus was made by an aircraft and not a satellite.
So here is what we have:
– We have 3 dead cows that were dragged to their current location between June 16 and June 24, 2013.
– We have two seemingly unrelated “lighter and greener” photo strips that are in fact related since they intersect in the vicinity of the dead cows which mysteriously show up on Google Earth within 3 weeks of the cows being dragged to their location.
– The fact that one strip was taken at a lower altitude than the first would indicate that the photography was organized with the same procedures used for typical military aerial observations.
The only questions I can’t answer are who took the photos of the cows that ended up on Google Earth, and did they have some connection to the mutilations or to whomever or whatever did the mutilations?
Since I don’t know whether or not the mutilation event made the local news either on TV, radio or print, I don’t know whether the Google organization (I assume that they have regional and local groups taking their street camera views) heard about it and contracted with one of their existing aerial photographers to get photos.?
I assume that is what happened? because if a military organization would have taken the photos, for purposes unknown (but assumed to be related to whoever did the mutilations), the photos would have been classified and would not have appeared on Google Earth.
Return to Part 1.
Continued in Part 5 - 3rd Mutilated Pregnant Cow Dropped Headfirst into Hole.
If any Earthfiles viewer has more information about these bloodless mutilations and/or the Google Earth photography of the three mutilated animals right after they were in the trio pattern on Alex Peterson's Haigler Windmill Ranch, please contact: email@example.com. All requests for anonymity and confidentiality are honored.
Please see Linda Moulton Howe's books An Alien Harvest; Glimpses of Other Realities, Volumes I and II; and DVD documentaries A Strange Harvest and Strange Harvests 1993 in the Earthfiles Shop.
For further information about strange animal mutilations, please see extensive Earthfiles Archive, of which a few are listed below.
• 05/08/2013 — Citizen Hearing Disclosure: Anomalies of Animal Mutilation Excisions
• 05/08/2013 — Citizen Hearing Disclosure: Anomalies of Animal Mutilation Excisions
• 03/15/2013 — Cow Mutilation On Whidbey Island, Washington
• 01/24/2013 — Updated: Part 5: High Strangeness in Dundee, Oregon
• 01/22/2013 — Part 6: High Strangeness in Dundee, Oregon
• 01/09/2013 — Part 4: High Strangeness in Dundee, Oregon
• 01/08/2013 — Bloodless Kitten Mutilations in Singapore
• 01/04/2013 — Part 3: High Strangeness in Dundee, Oregon
• 01/03/2013 — Part 2: High Strangeness in Dundee, Oregon
• 12/29/2012 — Part 1: High Strangeness in Dundee, Oregon
• 10/13/2012 — Bizarre Animal Mutilations in September 2012
• 08/30/2012 — Cattle Mutilations in Montana, Colorado, Idaho and Argentina
• 08/10/2012 — Updated: New Animal Mutilations in Argentina and Gunnison, Colo.; More Half Cats in California and Nevada; and “Chupacabra” Kill in Missouri.
• 10/30/2009 — High Strangeness in Overton and Basingstoke, Hampshire, U. K.
• 05/25/2007 — Updated: Part 2 - New "Chupacabras" Attacks in Chile and Cattle Mutilations in Argentina
• 09/20/2006 — Animal Mutilations Increase Again in Argentina
• 06/22/2006 — "Vacuum Black" Entity in Mexico Reservoir
• 06/23/2005 — Updated: More Than 3,000 Unusual Animal Deaths Reported in Argentina and Chile Since 2002
• 09/07/2002 — High Strangeness Continues in Argentina
• 07/19/2002 — Unusual Animal Deaths and Unidentified Aerial Lights Persist in Argentina
• 06/15/2002 — Cattle Mutilations In LaPampa, Argentina
Argentina Vision OVNI, Scientific Investigation of UFO Phenomenon, "Mutilacion de ganado: UN EQUINO ES HALLADO CON EXTRAÑOS CORTES EN SANTIAGO DEL ESTERO":
"Over 20 Animals Have Turned Up Dead Since June, Presenting Strange Incisions,"
July 12, 2013 by Andrea Pérez Simondini, translated by Inexplicata:
Planeta OVNI, Guillermo Gimenez:
"Missouri Ranch Owner Finds Cattle Mutilated," Suspects Extraterrestrial Perpetrators, July 29, 2013, KSHB-TV (NBC): http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/state/missouri/missouri-rancher-suspects-aliens-mutilated-her-cows
Archive 2013 Citizen Hearing Witness Testimony, National Press Club, April 29 - May 3, 2013: http://www.citizenhearing.org
Majestic 12 Documents: http://www.majesticdocuments.com
History of Majestic 12: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majestic_12