August 9, 2005 Wiltshire, England –
1) Waylands Smithy Megalithic Site Near Ashbury
The Waylands Smithy long barrow lies in a plantation of trees on the famous Ridgeway, not far from the Uffington White Horse and Uffington Castle. Excavations in the 1960s revealed the barrow was constructed in two phases. There is a wooden mortuary enclosure with stone floor that was later covered by a trapezoidal mound of chalk. Inside there are three chambers, one main one and two to the sides.
Crop circle photographer and investigator, Lucy Pringle reported: “The magnificent barrow is approximately due south of the formation. The formation therefore is really in a very remote area and a long way into the field. In fact it is on the crest of the hill looking beyond to Swindon.”
Compare the Waylands Smithy wheat formation above to last year’s huge “Mayan” wheat pattern below near Silbury Hill and Avebury, Wiltshire, England, created over two days from August 2-3, 2004.
Shalbourne, near Oxenwood, Wiltshire
Marden, Wiltshire, England
Also see: Cropcircleconnector.com
See other Earthfiles reports about mysterious lights and crop formations in Earthfiles Archives.
- 07/23/2005 — Mystery of Six Grass Circle Formations in North Carolina
- 07/01/2005 — U. K. Bicyclist Reports Mysterious, Low Hovering Objects Bending Wheat
- 10/17/2004 — American Crop Formations: 1880-2004
- 07/06/2004 — Additions to Spanish Fork, Utah Formation and Mysterious Lights Seen
- 05/24/2004 — Biophysicist W. C. Levengood’s Crop Circle Reports
- 05/11/2004 — An Extraordinary Photograph in A Dutch Home
- 11/01/2003 — Another Soybean Formation in Ohio
- 09/06/2003 — Part 3 – Unusual Soybean Formation Near Serpent Mound, Ohio
- 08/23/2003 — Fourteen Crop Formations in Canada
- 10/03/2002 — Part 3 – 2002 Crop Formations In Canada
- 07/25/2002 — Strange Stem Anomalies in New Dutch Crop Circles
- 05/11/2002 — First 2002 Crop Formation In Wiltshire, England
- 09/22/2001 — Huge Hexagram Crop Formation in Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
- 08/29/2001 — Part 1 – Ground Details of Chilbolton “Face”
- 08/25/2001 — Are Crop Formations at Chilbolton Observatory A Response to 1974 Earth Transmission?
- 06/16/2001 — Beyond Stonehenge with Astronomer Gerald Hawkins
- 06/08/2001 — Another Crop Formation Near Kassel, Germany
- 03/02/2001 — Mysterious Lights and Crop Circles – A Book Excerpt
- 12/13/2000 — Mysterious Clouds of Light in English Crop Formation
Also, see my book, “Mysterious Lights and Crop Circles” in Earthfiles Shop.
© 1998 - 2022 by Linda Moulton Howe.
All Rights Reserved.