September 11, 2006 Santa Clara, California – Northwest of Oxford, Oxfordshire, England, is a farm region that includes March Baldon, Toot Baldon, Big Baldon, Little Baldon and Baldon on the Green. The entire region’s population is less than 500 people. Toot Baldon is located at the top of a hill and the name “Toot” means lookout. St Lawrence’s Church at Toot Baldon dates back at least to the 12th century and has wide views of the Thame valley to the Chiltern hills.
On July 30, 2006, Mark Fussel and Stuart Dike at Cropcircleconnector.com received an alert about a formation in a Toot Baldon wheat field. The first people to check it out and report back were Ellis Taylor, Geoff Ambler and Ross Holcomb. Ross wrote:
“Toot Baldon, Oxfordshire, Wheat, Two intersecting 400-foot circles with 60-foot-wide seed of life in centre of Vesica Piscis. It is two five-foot-wide intersecting rings measuring approximately 400 feet around (132 feet in diameter). There is a circle centered in the resulting Vesica Piscis which measures about 60 feet across. Within the centre of the circle is a 6-petaled “seed of life” formation. The southernmost ring is laid in a counterclockwise direction. Interestingly though, the northern most ring is split down the middle by a thin line of standing crop with the inner half of the ring flowing clockwise and the outer half o the ring flowing counterclockwise.
“Within the centre, there is a narrow ring of laid crop forming a circle around the seed of life petals. There is no nest to speak of in the centre, but one small nest in the laid sect ion of the crop between petals which points nearly due north from the centre of the formation. It feel very fresh and fluffy still, although I feel that it has been in the field for a few days (at least 2 to 4).”
On Thursday, August 3, 2006, I joined a caravan going toward Garsington to see the new formation. Along with us was Jennifer Kreitzer, a veteran photographer and event planner in the Woods Institute for the Environment at Stanford University in Palo Alto, California. Jennifer would be the only person in the caravan to get photographs inside the Toot Baldon formation of a Flower of Life inside a Vesica Piscis.
Flower of Life Symbol
The Flower of Life symbol is considered to be sacred among many cultures around the world, both ancient and modern. Within this symbol can be found all the building blocks of the universe that we call the Platonic Solids. The symbol can be used as a metaphor to illustrate the connectedness of all life and spirit within the universe.
Jennifer Kreitzer, Event Planner, Woods Institute for the Environment, Stanford University, and Owner, CaliDigital, Videography and Website Design, Santa Clara, California: “I have been interested in crop circles since I first heard about them, but never had a chance to go to England to see them. My friend, Barbara Lamb, invited me to go with her this year and I took her up on the opportunity. [ Barbara Lamb is co-author with Judith Moore of Crop Circles Revealed: Language of the Light Symbols © 2001.]
Barbara Lamb was in the habit of calling the Silent Circle Cafe every day to find out new formations so we could go visit them. There was a rumor that something was going on at Garsington. So, we got in the car and drove for two hours to get there. Then, it took a long time to find the wheat field and the formation. But finally we did and there were three cars in a caravan and about ten of us trying to park on the narrow country road.
SINCE I WAS THERE AS WELL, WHAT HAPPENED FROM YOUR POINT OF VIEW?
For some reason, I was really excited to get into that formation. Andy Buckley (crop circle investigator from Manchester) jumped over the fence and headed down the tramline and I was right behind him. We were moving really fast because we had to go all the way down to the end of the field and back up the tramlines in order to get into the formation without stepping on any wheat. Andy was probably fifty feet ahead of me. As I approached the formation, there were little satellite circles on the side (“signature”). So, I started taking pictures of those.
Then I moved into the actual formation where there was a ring going around it and there was a thin line of wheat standing up, going right down the middle of that ring. Beautiful!
WHAT WOULD YOU ESTIMATE THE WIDTH OF THAT RING WAS?
The width was probably about five feet. The lay of the wheat was just gorgeous.
HOW FAR DID YOU GET INTO THE MAIN FORMATION?
I took pictures of the ring and was walking towards the center and got a picture of the Flower of Life petals in the middle.
That is when someone started calling out to Andy. We turned around and the farmer was actually screaming at us to come back (out of the field).
THE FARMER WAS TROMPING THROUGH HIS OWN WHEAT, KNOCKING IT DOWN AND NOT GOING ON THE TRAMLINES LIKE WE HAD ALL GONE WITH RESPECT FOR HIS CROP . BUT THE FARMER, SCREAMING AT US TO GET OUT OF HIS FIELD, WAS KNOCKING DOWN HIS OWN WHEAT.
Yes, he seemed livid. He was really, really angry. And it seemed like there was some sort of police car in the road. I saw a car that had lights on top. And I thought, ‘Oh, no. He’s called the police.’ The first thing I did was keep taking as many pictures as I could before we had to leave. As soon as I felt like I could not stay there any longer without making him even more angry, we both (Andy Buckley and I) started back down the tramline again.
THE REST OF US HAD BEEN CAUGHT IN THE TRAMLINE LEADING UP INTO THE FORMATION AND I THINK IT’S ONE OF THE MORE FRUSTRATING MOMENTS IN MY LIFE TO BE SO CLOSE TO WHAT SEEMED TO BE AN EXQUISITE PATTERN THAT WE COULD NOT GO INTO BECAUSE THE FARMER WAS SCREAMING AT US TO GET OUT.
Yes, that was really disappointing. I could not believe it. I thought, ‘Oh, no, I’m going to get arrested.’
By the time we had gone down the tramlines and back up where the farmer was, others in our caravan – who had not even made it over the fence yet – were talking to the farmer and calming him down enough to where we could talk to him without his screaming at us. We asked him if we could go back because we were researching. But he told us that the people who do this are ‘just drunk blokes from the pub.’
THAT’S RIGHT. WE TRIED TO TELL HIM WE WERE NOT DRUNK BLOKES FROM THE PUB.
Exactly. We are researchers. But he didn’t really care. I think he thought we were a bit off ourselves to even want to go into crop formations.
YES, HE WAS THE FARMER WITH THE ATTITUDE THAT CROP FORMATIONS WERE BEING DONE BY PRANKSTERS AND THE THING THAT ALWAYS GETS ME IS THAT IF HE HAD TAKEN THE TIME AND HAD THE PATIENCE TO SIMPLY WALK IN HIS OWN FIELD TO LOOK AT THAT PATTERN AND NOT GO WITH ANGER, BUT TO GO WITH CURIOSITY, THEN HE WOULD HAVE BEEN AMAZED.
Oh, yes! It was a beautiful formation.”
To be continued in Part 2 – Charlbury, Wiltshire’s Magical Wheat Bundles
- 09/06/2006 — Part 4: Five Circle Pattern in Geneseo, Illinois, Soybeans
- 08/31/2006 — Part 3: Five Circle Pattern in Geneseo, Illinois, Soybeans
- 08/28/2006 — Part 2: Five Circle Pattern in Geneseo, Illinois, Soybeans
- 08/27/2006 — Part 1: Five Circle Pattern in Geneseo, Illinois, Soybeans
- 08/17/2006 — Military Helicopter Aggression Toward Red Sphere in U. K.
- 08/16/2006 — Etchilhampton August 15, 2006, Wheat Formation
- 08/15/2006 — Part 2 – Three Crop Formations Near Uffington White Horse – A “Merkabah?”
- 08/13/2006 — Part 1: Three Crop Formations Near Uffington White Horse
- 07/21/2006 — U. K. Breaking Heat Records and 17 Crop Patterns Reported Between July 4 – 20
- 07/07/2006 — Anomalies in Huntingburg, Indiana, Wheat Pictogram
- 06/11/2006 — Updated: Two Mysterious Circles in Wheat Baffle Kansas Farmer
- 04/07/2006 — First 2006 Grass Circles in Conondale, Queensland, Australia
- 09/21/2005 — Silent, Unidentified Aerial Triangle Entered Thunderstorm Over Fairborn, Ohio
- 09/02/2005 — “Mayan Clock”? in August U. K. Crop Formations
- 09/02/2005 — Part 1: New York and Ohio Corn Circles “Flattened 2 to 5 Feet Above Ground”
- 09/02/2005 — Part 2: Mysterious Lights At Coles County, Illinois, Corn Circles
- 09/02/2005 — First 2005 Canadian Crop Circles Reported
- 08/09/2005 — Three Extraordinary U. K. Crop Formations Reported August 9, 2005
- 08/07/2005 — Mysterious Light Photographed in Canadian Woods
- 08/02/2005 — Part 2: Anomalies Confirmed in Pennsylvania and Arizona Randomly Downed Crops
- 08/02/2005 — Part 1: Anomalies Confirmed in Pennsylvania and Arizona Randomly Downed Crops
- 07/23/2005 — Mystery of Six Grass Circle Formations in North Carolina
- 07/18/2005 — Garsington, Oxfordshire, U.K. Wheat Formation – Astronomical Orbit?
- 07/01/2005 — U. K. Bicyclist Reports Mysterious, Low Hovering Objects Bending Wheat
- 06/28/2005 — Crop Circles in Poland
- 06/02/2005 — Part 2 – Highly Anomalous Pigment Formation in 2004 Hillsboro, Ohio, Crop Formation
- 05/26/2005 — Phoenix Barley Mystery: Apparently Irrigation and Wind
- 05/20/2005 — May 2005 Crop Formation Update in Six Countries
- 05/09/2005 — Mysterious Lights and 2003 Serpent Mound Soybean Formation
- 04/20/2005 — Outer Space Impact At Serpent Mound, Ohio, 256 Million Years Ago
- 04/12/2005 — First 2005 Dutch Crop Circles Reported in Hoeven, Holland Grass
- 10/17/2004 — American Crop Formations: 1880-2004
- 09/22/2004 — Miamisburg and Serpent Mound, Ohio Crop Formations: Geometries Compared
- 09/17/2004 — Updated: Part 1 – High Strangeness in Canadian Cattle Corn
- 09/12/2004 — Part 2 – High Strangeness in Canadian Cattle Corn
- 09/10/2004 — Update on Miamisburg, Ohio, Corn Pictogram – Balls of Light?
- 09/05/2004 — Part 2 – Hillsboro, Ohio Corn Plant Anomalies
- 09/04/2004 — Hillsboro, Ohio Corn Formation – High Strangeness in Soil and Plants
- 09/02/2004 — Updated Photos: Big, Impressive New Corn Formation in Miamisburg, Ohio
- 08/29/2004 — Another Pictogram in Poland
- 08/12/2004 — Circles in Belgium and Holland
- 08/10/2004 — Updated Aerial Photos of West Overton, Wiltshire “Serpent”
- 08/09/2004 — Pictograms in Poland
- 08/03/2004 — Crop Formations: Fifteen in Southern England Since July 20, 2004.
- 07/26/2004 — Crop Circles in Tilden, Wisconsin Oats and 90-Degree Angles in Litchfield, Minnesota
- 07/25/2004 — 2004 Canadian Crop Formations: Scorched Soybeans and “Dirt” Pattern in Barley
- 07/24/2004 — Part 3 – Crop Formations and Mysterious Lights in Wiltshire, England, July 2004
- 07/24/2004 — Part 2: Crop Formations and Mysterious Lights in Wiltshire, England, July 2004
- 07/15/2004 — Updated: Part 1-Beyond Hillsboro, Ohio, More Corn Down in New Milford, Connecticut
- 07/13/2004 — Updates on Spanish Fork, Utah Barley Formation
- 07/07/2004 — Fourth 2004 Crop Formation in Poland Has Multiple Parts
- 07/06/2004 — Mysteriously Downed Plants in Eagle Grove, Iowa, and Hillsboro, Ohio
- 07/06/2004 — Additions to Spanish Fork, Utah Formation and Mysterious Lights Seen
- 07/04/2004 — Crop Formation in Spanish Fork, Utah
- 06/17/2004 — More 2004 Holland and Poland Crop Formations
- 06/16/2004 — England: 2004 Crop Formations and 2003 Research
- 06/03/2004 — Updated – Second 2004 Pictogram Crop Formation in Poland
- 06/02/2004 — 2004 Peach Orchard, Arkansas Crop Formation
- 05/24/2004 — Biophysicist W. C. Levengood’s Crop Circle Reports Available for First Time On Internet
- 05/22/2004 — 2004 Overview of Crop Formations in Six Countries
- 05/17/2004 — Updated – Crop Formation Reported in Zabno, Poland
- 05/11/2004 — An Extraordinary Photograph in A Dutch Home
- 05/09/2004 — 2003 English Crop Formations on Documentary DVDs
- 04/14/2004 — Light Anomalies in Photos of Conondale, Australia Grass Circles
- 12/05/2003 — Diatonic Ratios and Seed Changes in 2003 California Wheat Circles Rule Out Hoax?
- 11/07/2003 — British UFO Crash Retrievals
- 11/01/2003 — Another Soybean Formation in Ohio
- 10/17/2003 — 2003 “UFO Flap” in Ohio
- 10/03/2003 — Part 2 – Military Interest in Serpent Mound and Seip Mound Formations?
- 10/02/2003 — Part 1 – Another Soybean Formation Near Seip Mound in Ohio
- 09/12/2003 — Second Soybean Crop Formation in Ohio is Manmade. USAF Investigation Unit Involved?
- 09/06/2003 — Part 2 – Unusual Soybean Formation Near Serpent Mound, Ohio
- 09/05/2003 — Part 1 – Unusual Soybean Formation Near Serpent Mound, Ohio
- 09/03/2003 — Helicopter “Attacks” Wiltshire, England, Residents At Knap Hill on August 26, 2003
- 08/29/2003 — Part 2 – After August 10, No Crop Formations Except in Canada?
- 08/29/2003 — Part 1 – Why Do Military Helicopters Focus On Crop Formations?
- 08/23/2003 — Fourteen Crop Formations in Canada
- 08/05/2003 — Field Notes from Morgan’s Hill Crop Circle
- 08/01/2003 — Field Notes About English Animal Mutilations
- 07/21/2003 — Strange Orange Lightning and A Sampling of Recent English Crop Formations
- 07/19/2003 — Update – Defiance, Missouri T-Pattern Cut in Saplings
- 07/17/2003 — Land Surveyor Comments About Ogbourne St. George, U.K. Crop Formation
- 07/16/2003 — Unusual Details in Dutch Crop Formations
- 07/11/2003 — Updated: Part 2 – Unusual Cylindar-Shaped Cloud Seen Night Before Dutch Crop Circles
- 06/27/2003 — Part 2 – Mysterious Lights and Fourteen Crop Formations in Italy
- 06/27/2003 — Part 1 – Mysterious Lights and Fourteen Crop Formations in Italy
- 06/13/2003 — Updated: Fractal Crop Formation in Knobel, Arkansas
- 05/26/2003 — East Sussex, England Has Third 2003 Crop Formation
- 05/20/2003 — More 2003 Crop Formations in Germany
- 05/10/2003 — Tree Formation in Defiance, Missouri
- 05/02/2003 — First 2003 English Crop Formations
- 04/29/2003 — Comparison Between First 2003 and 2002 U. K. Crop Formations
- 04/26/2003 — First 2003 U.K. Crop Formation Near Petersfield, Hampshire
- 12/07/2002 — Evolution Near Britain’s Chilbolton Radio Telescope Observatory, 1999 – 2002
- 11/05/2002 — Canadian Crop Circles and Mysterious Lights in Saskatchewan
- 10/19/2002 — Shifting Time Lines and Earth’s Destiny?
- 10/03/2002 — Part 3 – 2002 Crop Formations In Canada
- 10/01/2002 — Part 2 – September 2002 Maize Circles Update: Canada
- 09/28/2002 — Part 1 – September 2002 Maize Circles Update: England
- 09/02/2002 — Blue Lights and Helicopters in Wiltshire’s East Field
- 08/31/2002 — One ET Experiencer’s Reaction to the Winchester Formation
- 08/24/2002 — Crop Formation Update: Canada
- 08/19/2002 — Winchester, Hampshire Circular Code Analysis – UPDATED
- 08/18/2002 — Another Face and Code Appears in Hampshire, England – UPDATED
- 07/25/2002 — Strange Stem Anomalies in New Dutch Crop Circles
- 07/20/2002 — Mysterious Lights Seen Above Field Where Nautilus Formation Emerged
- 07/13/2002 — More Crop Formations in Holland and Germany
- 07/12/2002 — New Crop Formation in England
- 07/06/2002 — Stonehenge 4th of July Formation Echoes Hackpen Hill 1999 4th of July Spiral
- 06/26/2002 — Part 1 – New Crop Formations in England, Holland and Germany
- 06/04/2002 — New 2002 Crop Formations in Wiltshire and Sussex, England
- 05/23/2002 — Third 2002 Crop Formation in Germany Near Giant’s Stone
- 05/11/2002 — First 2002 Crop Formation In Wiltshire, England
- 05/09/2002 — More Orange Triangular Aircraft Over Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
- 05/04/2002 — Two Crop Formations Near Kassel, Germany
- 11/17/2001 — Scientists Say Lights in Hessdalen, NorwayAre Thermal Plasmas of Unknown Origin
- 10/27/2001 — Another Orange Triangle Near Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
- 10/10/2001 — Update On Unique British Crop Formations
- 09/27/2001 — A Scientific Report About British Milk Hill, Chilbolton “Face” and “Code”
- 09/22/2001 — Huge Hexagram Crop Formation in Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
- 09/19/2001 — Part 2 – Gog Magog Hills, Cambridge, England – Two Unusual Crop Formations
- 09/18/2001 — Part 1 – Gog Magog Hills, Cambridge, England – Two Unusual Crop Formations
- 09/07/2001 — Third Case of Pure Hemoglobin at Bull Mutilation
- 08/30/2001 — Chilbolton Observatory – What Does It Do?
- 08/25/2001 — Are Crop Formations at Chilbolton Observatory A Response to 1974 Earth Transmission?
- 08/22/2001 — Milk Hill 2001 – 409 Circles, Most For Any Crop Formation So Far
- 08/09/2001 — Crop Formation in Holland Changes with Researchers Present
- 06/16/2001 — Beyond Stonehenge with Astronomer Gerald Hawkins
- 06/06/2001 — New Crop Formations Reported in Serbia and U. K.
- 05/31/2001 — More Crop Formations in England
- 05/21/2001 — Part 2 – New Crop Formations in Holland, Germany and England
- 05/19/2001 — Part 1 – New Crop Formations in Holland, Germany and England
- 09/30/2000 — Unidentified Moving Spiral of Light Photographed in Crop Formation
- 08/27/2000 — Crop Circle Reports from Whitefish, Montana – Updated Photos
- 08/26/2000 — Pulsing, Jumping Light in West Stowell, England Field
- 08/23/2000 — Intelligence Sensed In Mysterious Lights Associated With Crop Formations
- 08/20/2000 — Crop Formations In North Dakota
- 08/19/2000 — White Balls of Light and Helicopter Videotaped in Woodborough Hill Field
- 08/17/2000 — Mysterious Light Near Woodborough Hill Night Before August 13, 2000 Formation
- 07/16/2000 — Multiple Crop Formations Same Day in Wiltshire and Hampshire, U. K., July 16, 2000
- 07/09/2000 — New Book about Ancient Sites of Wiltshire, England
- 07/06/2000 — Extraordinary U. K. Crop Formations
- 06/17/2000 — Army Helicopters Damage East Field, Wiltshire Crop
- 06/11/2000 — Two New Crop Formations at Silbury Hill
- 05/30/2000 — Crop Formations In Germany, May 2000
- 11/30/1999 — A New Crop Formation In Marion, New York and Crop Research Updates
- 09/29/1999 — Crop Formations Continue in Canada
- 09/21/1999 — 1999 Summary of Crop Formations in Canada and Latest 9/21/99 Edmonton Circles
- 08/15/1999 — More Mid-August 1999 Crop Formations in Wiltshire, England
- 08/01/1999 — 1999 Crop Circle Update from Wiltshire, England
- 07/22/1999 — Cherhill, England, New 1999 Crop Formation
- 07/15/1999 — Brentwood, Tennessee Crop Formation and New U.K. Photos by Peter Sorensen
- 06/27/1999 — New 1999 U. K. Crop Formations Photographed by Peter Sorensen
- 06/07/1999 — 1999 U.K. Crop Circle Update with Photographer Peter Sorensen
English Crop Circles, Current and Archived: http://www.cropcircleconnector.com
American Crop Circles, ICCRA: http://www.cropcirclenews.com/
Canadian Crop Circles, CCCRN: http://www.cccrn.ca/
German Crop Circles: http://www.kornkreise-forschung.de
© 1998 - 2023 by Linda Moulton Howe.
All Rights Reserved.