“I raised my rifle and fired, but the bullet only went about 50 feet and dropped (straight down). I looked over to my right and there in the shadow was this sort of man standing there.”
– Carl Higdon, Wyoming elk hunter, October 25, 1974
October 8, 2007 Laramie, Wyoming – Thirty-three years ago this month, a highly strange case in the modern history of human and UFO encounters occurred at the northern boundary of the Medicine Bow National Forest south of Rawlins, Wyoming. Leo Sprinkle, Ph.D., was Prof. of Psychology and Director of the Division of Counseling and Testing at the University of Wyoming in Laramie, Wyoming, on October 29, 1974, when he received phone calls about an elk hunter’s UFO encounter four days earlier on Friday, October 25, 1974. The story broke in the Rawlins Daily Times on Tuesday, October 29, 1974, in an article by Sue Taylor.
After reading the newspaper that day and receiving the phone calls from Rick Kenyon, Art Teacher in the public schools of Rawlins, Wyoming, and from Robert Nantkes, Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor in Riverton, Wyoming, Prof. Sprinkle wrote down the following summary of the highly strange experience described by a 41-year-old oil rigger who had gone elk hunting.
R. Leo Sprinkle, Ph.D. Summary of Carl Higdon UFO Experience: “According to the newspaper article, Carl Higdon (an oil driller for the Am Well Service of Riverton, Wyoming) had been hunting elk on the north edge of the Medicine Bow National Forest (40 miles south of Rawlins) at 4:00 p.m., Friday, October 25. Then, approximately at 6:30 p.m., he called on the radio of the pickup truck, which he had been driving. By talking with his boss, Roy Fleming, Carl was able to give directions about the approximate location of the pickup truck. He said that it was parked approximately three miles from where he parked it initially; it was in a ‘mud hole’ where no one would drive a two-wheel-drive vehicle.
“A rescue party (Sheriff Ogburn, Deputy Sheriff Ed Tierney, Roy Fleming, Bob Rosacker, Dave Martin, Harold Schurtz) drove several four-wheel-drive pickup trucks into the area. With difficulty, they found Carl and the truck (approximately at 11:40 p.m., Friday, October 25). The truck was towed out by the four-wheel-drive trucks.
“Mrs. Margery Higdon, Carl’s wife, was with Mr. and Mrs. Don James. They were waiting about two or three miles from the area where Carl was located. During the rescue operation, they observed a flashing light for about 20 minutes. the light changed from red to green to white, in a pulsing pattern and moved in an arc, which was described as ‘three feet,’ at arm’s length.
“When Carl was found, he was described as dazed and confused. He had difficulty in talking and recognizing his wife. He said he was taken to Carbon County Memorial Hospital, approximately at 2:00 a.m., Monday, October 28, 1974.
“During his hospitalization, Carl said that the physician, Dr. Tongca, had X-rays taken. Carl was told that the films were OK. (However, he had been hospitalized for TB at one time before in Kimball, Nebraska. Chest X-rays in 1958 and 1970 had indicated there were scar tissues on his lungs, according to a Kimball, Nebraska physician.) During his recent hospitalization, a nurse, Ms. Ella Petterson, told Carl that he was, ‘OK,’ and his blood was ‘OK.’ In fact, it was ‘super, very rich.’
“Carl is hopeful that information can be obtained from medical personnel, which will support these statements. However, the Sheriff has made some public statements that raise questions about his acceptance of the report.
“Rick Kenyon said that he had interviewed Carl Higdon and obtained the basic description of his experience, plus some drawings of the ‘man.’ (entity below) Carl had agreed to other interviews, plus the use of hypnotic techniques for the purpose of obtaining further information about his experience.
“On Saturday, November 2, 1974, Bob Nantkes (MUFON) and I met with Rick Kenyon (MUFON), who had arranged an afternoon appointment with Carl Higdon at his home. From approximately 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., we talked with Mr. and Mrs. Higdon, their children and several relatives about their reactions to the events of October 25, 1974. The pendulum technique and other hypnotic procedures were utilized to obtain more information from Carl about his UFO experience.
“Then, on Sunday, November 17, 1974, Rick Kenyon and I talked with Carl Higdon, his wife and children, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., including an hour of hypnotic procedures. Also present for a short period was Mrs. Marilyn James, who described her reactions to the experience of observing a flashing green-red-white light over the area where Carl was waiting for the rescue party.
“During the interviews, photographs were taken of the map area where Carl had been elk hunting. Also, photographs were taken of the bullet, which Carl had retrieved and placed in his canteen pouch. He was willing to release the bullet so that Dr. Walker, Aerial Phenomenon Research Organization (APRO) consultant could examine it. However, Carl asked that the bullet be returned after the examination.
“Carl indicated that he was willing to have his name associated with the UFO report. However, he wishes that his address be omitted from any publication of the report. He believes that most people accept his story, but he wishes to prevent any ‘crank’ calls.
“My impression of Carl Higdon is that he is a man of integrity, with average education, but a keen sense of curiosity about the world around him. He is an outdoors man and seems to have developed good skills of estimating size and distance.
“Although the sighting of a single UFO witness often is difficult to evaluate, the indirect evidence supports the tentative conclusion that Carl Higdon is reporting sincerely the events which he experienced. Hopefully, further statements from other persons can be obtained to support the basic statement.”
To be continued in Part 2 – Hypnosis Session with Carl Higdon
- 09/16/2007 — Part 5: Military Insiders Comment About Zeta Reticuli and EBENs
- 09/11/2007 —Part 4: Military Insiders Comment About Zeta Reticuli and EBENs
- 09/07/2007 —Part 3: Military Insiders Comment About Zeta Reticuli and EBENs
- 09/05/2007 —Part 2: Military Insiders Comment About Zeta Reticuli and EBENs
- 08/31/2007 —Part 1: Betty and Barney Hill: Captured!
- 08/31/2007 — Part 2: Betty and Barney Hill: Captured!
- 08/30/2007 —Part 1: Military Insiders Comment About Zeta Reticuli and EBENs
- 08/24/2007 —Orange-Red “Fiery” Aerial Spheres
- 08/01/2007 —Part 3, Non-Human Blonds, Greys and Big-Nosed, Cat-Eyed Lizards
- 07/31/2007 —Part 2, Non-Human Blonds, Greys and Big-Nosed, Cat-Eyed Lizards
- 07/26/2007 —Part 1, Non-Human Blonds, Lizards and Big-Nosed, Cat-Eyed Greys
- 07/14/2007 —Schofield Barracks, Oahu, Hawaii – Huge, Lime Green UFO Over Battalion Headquarters
- 05/29/2007 —Final Part 7: Eyewitness Links Animal Mutilations to Non-Humans
- 05/13/2007 —Part 6: Eyewitness Links Animal Mutilations to Non-Humans
- 05/11/2007 —CIA Origin of National Enquirer?
- 05/06/2007 —Part 5: Eyewitness Links Animal Mutilations to Non-Humans
- 05/05/2007 —Part 4: Eyewitness Links Animal Mutilations to Non-Humans
- 04/28/2007 —April 24, 2007 – Part 3: Eyewitness Links Animal Mutilations to Non-Humans.
- 04/19/2007 —Part 2: Eyewitness Links Animal Mutilations to Non-Humans
- 04/18/2007 —Part 1: Eyewitness Links Animal Mutilations to Non-Humans
- 04/20/2007 —2006 Human Encounter with Translucent Entity
- 12/14/2006 —Abductee Jim Sparks’s Encounter with Reptillian Beings: Their Warning and Agenda
- 10/28/2006 —Close UFO Encounter by USAF Eyewitnesses
- 10/11/2006 —Part 2: Time Travel, Insights from USAF Sergeant and UFO Abductee
- 10/08/2006 —Part 1: Time Travel, Insights from USAF Sergeant and UFO Abductee
- 09/29/2006 —Manipulation of Time and Matter by Non-Humans: The Experiences of Jim Sparks
- 09/05/2006 —Part 2: “Alphonso Lorenzo” – Military Visitor to Another Planet?
- 09/04/2006 —Part 1: “Alphonso Lorenzo” – Military Visitor to Another Planet?
- 06/18/2006 —Viewer Letters About NASA Airbrushing Photos; EBENs and Reptilian Humanoids
- 05/12/2006 —An Extraterrestrial School for Humans
- 04/28/2006 —Modern Warfare Applied to Extra-Terrestrial Invasion
- 04/03/2006 —Genetic Harvest in Cimarron, New Mexico?
- 02/23/2006 —Huge Boomerang Craft and Blond Beings
- 02/10/2006 —Crashed Disc Photos, “Ebens,” and Area 51 “Anti-Gravity”
- 01/27/2006 —Part 2: Navy Physicist and USAF Geophysicist Discuss UFOs and ETs
- 12/02/2005 —Abduction by Grey ETs in Huge, Black Triangle
- 10/22/2005 —A Lifting Beam Technology in Colorado Human Abduction
- 08/11/2005 —Part 4: Two Men See Cow Mutilated in Light Beam
- 08/03/2005 —Part 3: Two Men See Cow Mutilated in Light Beam
- 07/26/2005 —Part 2: Two Men See Cow Mutilated in Light Beam
- 07/22/2005 —Part 1: Two Men See Cow Mutilated in Light Beam
- 02/04/2005 —Part 2: UFO Crash/Retrievals: Status Report V – Is The Cover-Up Lid Lifting?
- 12/22/2004 —Part 2: “Reasons Why U.S. Government CAN’T Release Truth About UFOs!” with Canadian Researcher, Grant Cameron
- 09/25/2004 —Part 6: “Clearview” Report on the Investigation of UFO Experiences on A Rocky Mountain Ranch
- 09/23/2004 —Part 5: “Clearview” Report on the Investigation of UFO Experiences on A Rocky Mountain Ranch
- 09/19/2004 —Part 4: “Clearview” Report on the Investigation of UFO Experiences on A Rocky Mountain Ranch
- 09/18/2004 —Part 3: “Clearview” Report on the Investigation of UFO Experiences on A Rocky Mountain Ranch
- 09/14/2004 —Part 2: “Clearview” Report on the Investigation of UFO Experiences on A Rocky Mountain Ranch
- 09/13/2004 —Part 1: “Clearview” Report on the Investigation of UFO Experiences on A Rocky Mountain Ranch
- 01/24/2004 —Oregon Man’s Experiences with High Strangeness
- 10/28/2003 —Part 2 – U. S. Presidents and UFO Investigations
- 07/02/2003 —Corguinho, Brazil: What “Spinning Force” Created the Football-Shaped Stones?
- 06/21/2003 —Corguinho, Brazil Farmer, Urandir Oliveira, and Attorney Describe Harassments
- 06/13/2003 —Corguinho, Brazil: Only One Bed Sheet
- 06/06/2003 —Part 1 – Scientists Examine Samples from the Corguinho, Brazil Bed Sheet and Pillowcase
- 06/06/2003 —Part 2 – Textiles Expert Examines the Corguinho, Brazil Bed Sheet and Pillowcase
- 06/06/2003 —Part 3 – Infrared and Energy Dispersive Spectroscopy on the Corguinho, Brazil Round Stones
- 06/06/2003 —Part 4 – Geologists Run X-Ray Defractometer on Corguinho, Brazil Stones
- 03/15/2003 —Part 6 – Corguinho, Brazil: Microscopic Images from Body Pattern on Urandir Oliveira’s Bed Sheet
- 03/08/2003 —Part 5 – Corguinho, Brazil: Large Light Explodes – Breaks Tree, Kills Calves
- 03/03/2003 —Censorship By Omission and Comments from MUFON’s John Schuessler
- 03/01/2003 —Part 4 – Corguinho, Brazil: Chemist and Biophysicist Examine Samples of Urandir Oliveira’s Bed Sheet
- 02/26/2003 —Part 3 – Corguinho, Brazil: Return from the Non-Human Craft on September 18, 2002
- 02/25/2003 —Part 2 – Corguinho, Brazil: Inside the Non-Human Craft from September 15 – 18, 2002
- 02/22/2003 —Part 1 – Corguinho, Brazil: Farmer Describes His Transport to A Non-Human Craft on September 15, 2002.
- 12/21/2002 —Part 2 – Corguinho, Brazil: Close Encounters with Tall Red-Haired and Blond-Haired Non-Human Beings
- 12/19/2002 —Part 1 – Corguinho, Brazil, Alleged Human Abduction and Photos of Body Marks On Bed and Ceiling
- 04/16/2000 —A Close Encounter with a Disc in Wyoming
- 10/24/1999 —A U. S. Army Infantryman’s Abduction
- 06/22/1999 —The Strange Story of J-Rod, An EBE
Majestic 12 Documents: http://www.majesticdocuments.com
John E. Mack Institute: http://www.johnemackinstitute.org/
Intruders Foundation: http://www.intrudersfoundation.org/
© 1998 - 2019 by Linda Moulton Howe.
All Rights Reserved.