“The design strategy of charged ion / shaped plasma ‘buoyancy’ devices does bear some relevancy here. For instance, the circular array of curved ‘antennae’ coming out of the center of the device is very similar to a form of wave guide/shaping mechanism for a charged plasma/ion field.”
– Nanotech Engineer
Return to previous Earthfiles report: “Odd Aerial “Drones”?
[ Editor’s Note: The words “Chad” and “Drone” at the beginning of my image file names are only an organizational effort for Earthfiles. I work on a Mac G-5 and re-size images for Earthfiles formats. I downloaded the Chad images from the COAST website, which I understand were also re-sized there. So, the only May 6, 2007, original images would be with Chad. Same applies to the May 5, 2007, Lake Tahoe Submitter 7013; and May 16, 2007, Capitola rajman1977 images.
Further, the two individuals quoted in 05/16/07Earthfiles Engineer Comments provided me names and contact information and are not anonymous to me, but I protected their confidentiality.
As a journalist, I would like to learn if our military has some kind of black project for ion electrostatic propulsion drones. ]
May 16, 2007 Albuquerque, NM –
1) U. S. Navy and Honeywell Hardware Design Background
“I worked in communications for many years, and finished up a career at Honeywell in hardware design. I also worked with the Navy for a number of years (enlisted), and saw many things in the area of communications. Your ring-drone posted to the site was interesting on a few counts.
Beyond aerodynamics (which I don’t know much about other than to say this is a strange design and appears that there is a front to this – the long probe that is sectional, 3 pieces is my guess), I’ll throw in my .02 as follows. Please note my comments are limited to what I see primarily about the antenna and the element array arrangement.
The circular design of the body with the antenna bent in an almost ‘candle-like’ fashion, combined with the 360 degree array, permit for a possible phased array with a directional sensing ability. This is due to the signal being able to strike the antenna array from one direction and then back scattering across what would be the inside of the ring. From this, a differential can be made and direction calculated based in part on signal strength among other things. It should be noted, too, that the angle of the bend on each element permits a nearly vertical aperture perspective, enabling higher flying craft (or lower flying, as the case may be) to be able to communicate with this ring-drone; a sort of look-down-look-up communicating ability with no loss of sight. The bend also enables a variety of frequencies to be ‘sniffed’; they are not uniform in the sense of being a straight rod as we see commonly as in a television antenna. This is bent and bent for good reason. Without knowing the diameter of the ring I can’t guess accurately what the frequency range would be that this ring-drone would be designed to transceive. If I got it right, there are 14 elements, evenly spaced about the ring body, each being approximately 25.7 degrees apart. Length, spacing, forward element, rear element, all come into play to figuring out the detail and without some sense of dimension I’d hesitate to offer anything. Once this is known, the operating frequency range can be more accurately known. No doubt it is millimeter.
The body (ring-like) makes sense; lightweight, low drag, combined with enabling a circular, millimeter wave transceiver to be placed within the ring. The circle itself is the same principle applied to supercomputing as its half the distance as compared to a buss type architecture.
I’d also say that having worked on spacecraft for a number of years, the trick of keeping unintended interference down to an acceptable level is to place it further away from the noise source. So on our spacecraft – say Voyager, for example, which is well known and has been seen many times, it has extended arms for this function. One arm is for the nuclear power device; we don’t want that next to the scientific instruments so they are kept at opposite ends or hidden behind the body or shielded as design permits. In this ring-drone, my guess would be the same thing is being applied; you see three sections of the extended ‘front-arm,’ as I called it, each with rod-like pins separating the section. Each section appears to have one or more sensors, so the same principle of Voyager may be being applied here. It would be quite easy to run fiber optic down the rods separating the sections. The long arm itself probably houses the navigational aid would also be my guess as it would be the ‘bow-wave’ sensor for this ring-drone. So to be clear, the power source itself is probably incorporated into the ring body itself, with the sensors out- board, the most sensitive being the furthest from the ring body.
Does it rotate? How large is it (dimension)? It would be interesting to know rotational rate, as that too, combined with the length of the arms (or blades as they might be), would also be instrumental in determining speed.”
2) Nanotechnology Background
“The design strategy of charged ion / shaped plasma ‘buoyancy’ devices does bear some relevancy here. For instance, the circular array of curved ‘antennae’ coming out of the center of the device is very similar to a form of wave guide / shaping mechanism for a charged plasma / ion field.
The very long extended arm could in fact be the power source – the other short arms serve as counter-balance / stability mechanisms
With current nano-materials, for instance, the strength to weight ratio of such a device would be vastly superior to earlier attempts at such designs
The circular/ring structure in the center would be the plasma accelerator/focal containment apparatus.
And, also, with very much improved materials options currently available, such as super/ultra conductive materials, the size and efficiency of a modern design strategy for powering this sort of system would be very different than that of earlier attempts at such
The implications for such advanced ionic/shaped plasma field buoyancy experiments are many, and compelling
2975332 ; starr w-l ; plasma propulsion device ; 14/03/1961 … 4457509 ;
saint germain jean ; levitationarium for air flotation of humans ; 03/07/1984
www.dprix.com/biblio/uspatents3.html – 49k
Note the above patent filing – this is only one of a variety of such
As a reference point, I have a background in materials science, including applied nanotechnology (having worked at both Lawrence Berkeley and Los Alamos National Laboratories).
It’s my personal opinion that this is an advanced form of military remotely piloted surveillance craft, having seen a number of examples of other developments in this general arena of interest, perhaps the most interesting being the ‘robofly’ project that was at UC Berkeley a couple of years ago.”
Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
United Kingdom Police
US Air Force Website
USAF Drone Images
Army Website: https://uav.peoavn.army.mil/
“Public Viewing of Website
Due to the threat against our nation, portions of the UAVS homepage have been temporarily blocked from Public viewing. Additional information will be added in the future as it becomes available.
This Page Last Updated: June 24, 2002.“
Army Drone Images
If any Earthfiles viewers or Coast to Coast AM listeners have seen a similiar aerial craft or have any information about it, please email me at: [email protected]
For further information about unusual aerial craft, please see Earthfiles Archive, such as the brief excerpt of reports below:
- 11/05/2007 —CIA Origin of National Enquirer?
- 16/03/2007 —Tenth Anniversary of March 1997 Phoenix Lights: What Was the 2-Mile-Long Triangular Craft?
- 13/03/2007 —Part 4: Mysterious Events At 2005 Tawsmead Copse “Insectogram” Crop Formation
- 09/03/2007 —Zones of Fear and Diamond-Shaped Aerial Light
- 04/03/2007 —Part 2: Mysterious Events At 2005 Tawsmead Copse “Insectogram” Crop Formation
- 18/02/2007 —Part 4: Tappen, North Dakota, High Strangeness Provokes Many Emails from Viewers and Listeners
- 14/02/2007 —Part 3: Tappen, North Dakota, High Strangeness Provokes Many Emails from Viewers and Listeners
- 12/02/2007 —Part 2: Tappen, North Dakota, High Strangeness Provokes Many Emails from Viewers and Listeners
- 11/02/2007 —Part 1: Tappen, North Dakota, High Strangeness Provokes Many Emails from Viewers and Listeners
- 10/02/2007 —Part 12: Inside Saucer Post …3-0 Blue
- 07/02/2007 —Part 11: Inside Saucer Post …3-0 Blue
- 02/02/2007 —Blue Metallic “Blimp” Seen Over O’Hare Airport
- 30/01/2007 —Part 10: Inside Saucer Post …3-0 Blue
- 16/01/2007 —Part 9: Inside Saucer Post …3-0 Blue
- 02/01/2007 —Grey Aerial Disk Reported by Chicago O’Hare United Airlines Pilots and Mechanics
- 31/12/2006 —Part 8: Inside Saucer Post …3-0 Blue
- 27/12/2006 —Part 7: Inside Saucer Post …3-0 Blue
- 18/12/2006 —Part 6: Inside Saucer Post …3-0 Blue
- 11/12/2006 —Part 5: Inside Saucer Post …3-0 Blue
- 06/12/2006 —Part 4: Inside Saucer Post …3-0 Blue
- 29/11/2006 —Part 3: Inside Saucer Post …3-0 Blue
- 28/11/2006 —Part 2: Inside Saucer Post …3-0 Blue
- 27/11/2006 —Inside Saucer Post …3-0 Blue © 1957 by Leonard H. Stringfield
- 03/11/2006 —Another UFO Retaliation to Radar Lock On – 2003
- 28/10/2006 —Close UFO Encounter by USAF Eyewitnesses
- 26/10/2006 —Norwegian Crashed Disc and Other High Strangeness
- 19/10/2006 —UFO Retaliation to U. S. Army Radar Lock On in Florida, 1967
- 13/04/2006 —High Strangeness In Skies Near White Sands Missile Range
- 12/04/2006 —Part 18 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 11/04/2006 —Part 17 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 05/04/2006 —Part 16 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 03/04/2006 —Genetic Harvest in Cimarron, New Mexico?
- 05/02/2006 —Mysterious Dark Helicopters Over Comal County, Texas
- 29/01/2006 —Part 10 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 27/01/2006 —Part 2: Navy Physicist and USAF Geophysicist Discuss UFOs and ETs
- 20/01/2006 —Part 1: Navy Physicist and USAF Geophysicist Discuss UFOs and ETs
- 17/01/2006 —Part 9 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 13/01/2006 —31st Cattle Mutilation on Red Bluff, California Ranch
- 09/01/2006 —Part 8 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 03/01/2006 —Part 7 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 31/12/2005 —Part 6 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 27/12/2005 —Part 5 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 24/12/2005 —Part 3 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 24/12/2005 —Part 4 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 21/12/2005 —Updated: Part 2 – Peculiar Phenomenon, Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 19/12/2005 —Part 1 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 21/09/2005 —Silent, Unidentified Aerial Triangle Entered Thunderstorm Over Fairborn, Ohio
- 17/04/2005 —1949 Aerial Disc Covered-Up By Project Blue Book As “Kite”
- 14/04/2005 — “Battle of Los Angeles” On February 25, 1942: When America’s 37th Coast Artillery Brigade Fired Off 1,430 Anti-Aircraft Shells At A UFO
NASA Drones: http://uav.wff.nasa.gov/relatedlinks.cfm
Ion Propulsion, NASA: http://nmp.nasa.gov/ds1/tech/ionpropfaq.html
High Power Electric Propulsion Program (HiPEP): http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/ion/present/hipep.htm
Coast to Coast AM Website: http://www.coasttocoastam.com
UFO Casebook: http://www.ufocasebook.com/strangecraftlaketahoe.html
© 1998 - 2019 by Linda Moulton Howe.
All Rights Reserved.