“Then a fifth orange light flew over the town a lot faster, slowed down
maneuvering into position to sort of finish off the fifth position in the formation. It ended up looking like a star constellation.”
– Tom Hawkes, U. K. Eyewitness
July 27, 2007 Stratford-upon-Avon, Warickshire, and Farnborough, Hampshire, England – In the Midlands of Great Britain in the county of Warwickshire is Shakespeare’s home town called Stratford-upon-Avon, not to be confused with a suburb of London called Stratford.
A pub in Stratford-upon-Avon called The Lone Elm on Birmingham Road in the center of town made headlines recently when at least eight of its employees and about one hundred pub visitors all watched orange lights move in formation in the sky. The lights stopped still in a pattern that did not change for nearly a half hour. And no sound. One of the pub visitors was Tom Hawkes, a local resident who works in Customer Care for the British Land Rover company. He had his Olympus digital camera that can take both still frames and up to 40 minutes of videotape with the click of a button. Tom taped at least five minutes of the lights. One of his video frames was used by the Stratford-Herald in the first news story about the event. I talked with him today about what happened.
See Tom Hawkes video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MJl-YTuYo8
Tom Hawkes, Land Rover Customer Care, Wellesbourne, Warwickshire, U. K.:
“On Saturday, July 14, 2007, we were out for my girlfriend’s birthday having drinks with some friends. I had my Olympus still/video digital camera which has 40 minutes of video capacity. We were sitting outside the pub, which is a favorite drinking hole of ours. It was about 10:30 PM and we noticed four lights appear in the sky, sort of coming from our right hand side, from the southeast. They were flying in formation, which immediately drew our attention to them.
HOW MANY OF YOU ARE LOOKING THAT MOMENT UP IN THE SKY?
On the table, there were at least 15 of them that all worked up. There was also a chef who worked on the restaurant side of the pub. (Kern Griffiths) I don’t know if you have ever seen military aircraft flying in formation either in training. You’ve seen the film, Blackhawk Down, when they are all flying in a sort of straight line formation. And the immediate thing was that there were four lights that came over the rooftops and because they were flying in a straight line formation, we thought it could be military, maybe helicopters going back to base. It was a steady motion and they were sort of orangish lights.
Then a fifth orange light flew over the town a lot faster, slowed down maneuvering into position to sort of finish off the fifth position in the formation. It ended up looking like a star constellation. The five lights seemed to stay in that formation in the sky for quite awhile. A lot of people were coming into the pub and leaving the pub and everybody seemed to be looking up at that formation of lights. Eventually it was like somebody turned out a light switch and the lights disappeared.
DID YOU HEAR ANY SOUND?
No, that was the eerie thing about it. There was absolutely no noise whatsoever. We were at a fairly busy pub in town, but if it had been military helicopters, you would have heard it. Even one helicopter, I think we would have heard, but with five, we certainly would have heard some noise. There were no flashing lights whatsoever, just a plain light. Just so strange. That’s why I contacted my local paper (Stratford-Herald).”
Not Japanese Lanterns, Says Stratford-Herald Reporter
I talked with the Stratford-Herald reporter who first interviewed Tom Hawkes. His name is Duncan Smith and he is surprised that another news story has surfaced two weeks after the event, trying to explain the half-hour formation of orange lights over the pub as Japanese lanterns that drifted from a backyard party.
But reporter, Duncan Smith, says here are the facts:
– The half-hour light event over The One Elm pub in Stratford-upon-Avon was seen by at least 100 people between 10:30 and 11 PM on Saturday, July 14, 2007.
– Now two weeks later on July 27th, and only in the last couple of days, did the Stratford-Herald receive two phone calls from people who only left cell phone numbers and would not give any professional affiliation. The callers said the answer to the mysterious orange lights above the pub were Japanese lanterns that had drifted from a party.
However, Duncan Smith told me today:
– On Saturday, July 14th, it was very windy.
– The five unidentified orange lights came from the southeast. The party address was four miles northwest of the pub – the complete opposite direction from which the five lights came.
Duncan Smith and I discussed the possibility that yet again Someone In Authority with a misinformation agenda is floating a false story to muddy the waters about a genuinely mysterious aerial phenomenon.
Farnborough, Hampshire , England – Sunday, July 22, 2007
[ Editor’s Note: Video of Farnborough lights was mailed by Kenneth Parsons to Earthfiles three weeks ago, but video has still not arrived. Another is being mailed and will be added to this report when available.]
The mysterious lights don’t end over The One Elm Pub on July 14th. The next weekend, on Sunday, July 22, about 150 miles away in Farnborough, Hampshire, 61-year-old Hilary Porter was doing a night watch from her upstairs bedroom. Hilary’s home is at the highest point in Farnborough and she has clear views of the skies in all directions. Fifteen years ago, Hilary and her partner, Kenneth Parsons, formed the British Earth and Aerial Mysteries Society (BEAMS) to keep track of unusual events in England. That’s why she does lots of skywatches.
Hilary Porter, Founder and Vice Chairman, British Earth and Aerial Mysteries Society (BEAMS), Farnborough, Hampshire, England: “It was Sunday night, July 22, 2007. It was coming up to 10:50 PM. The weather has been bad and it was one of the few clear nights for a sky watch. I had been watching for a quarter of an hour – and bear in mind that my house is the highest in Farnborough. And I can see at least twenty miles out to the south of the area and skies all the way around.
Visibility was really clear, but nothing was happening. Just as I thought I would go onto bed, appearing out of nowhere was this beautiful red orb. It was absolutely fantastic! I have binoculars, 25 x 60, and got a check on it. Then I rushed down to Kenneth and said, ‘Get up here quick! Bring your camera!’
He came running upstairs to where we skywatch and got his camera ready to photograph. The red orb suddenly disappeared, popped out, no fading. But then another one appeared suddenly. Through the binoculars, I could see that it was disc-shaped, slightly flatter than spherical. It seemed to have little circles within the red orb form.
In comparison to sizes around me on the ground that the red orb was no less than twenty feet in diameter. Then another one appeared. Counting the one I saw before Kenny got up with his camera, we saw nine red orbs in all that night and Ken has videotaped several of them, which we’re going to send to you for use at Earthfiles.
The most amazing was when it went into the triangle shape. There had been four lights and one moved slightly away leaving a perfect triangle of three orbs.”
“The red orbs popped in individually until we saw five or six of them. Then four of them formed in the sky toward the end of the sighting, forming a triangle with a fourth orb off a ways. That fourth one moved down slightly and then disappeared and left three, which formed the triangle.
DID YOU SEE ANY OF THE RED ORBS TRAVEL RAPIDLY FROM A DISTANCE UP TO THE ONES YOU WERE SEEING?
Yes, one or two came up like they were in a pair, very close to each other. They then would just vanish.
When the fifth orb came and lasted for about 20 seconds, then that suddenly went. But was followed by four more, all of a sudden: one, two, three, four. Three in the triangle formation. One at the base of the triangle off side. That stayed for quite awhile and Ken managed to get good footage of it. Then the fourth one to the side moved slightly and then popped out, or dematerialized. I don’t know what. The other three were there for a good bit longer. Then we didn’t see anymore after that.
DID ALL THREE IN THE TRIANGLE DISAPPEAR AT THE SAME TIME?
They went out one, two, three, quickly.”
Kenneth Parsons: “The lights appeared rather like turning on a light with a switch. They just suddenly came on and they just switched off.
WHAT DID YOU SEE WITH YOUR OWN EYES?
First I saw one orb there in the sky when I got upstairs with the camera. Then that orb went out. Then a few minutes later, they came on one after the other. The photo I sent you with the three red lights – first the formation was like that with a line of three orbs. Then I think one of those went out. Then another appeared and moved into the triangle pattern. The fourth one off to the left blinked on and off a couple of times and then disappeared.
Then there were three in the triangle. Then two. Then one. Then that last one went out.
That first line in my photograph, I was zooming into it so you really get the red. That top light went out, which left two. Then another light appeared to the left of the group and then it formed a perfect triangle. That triangle stayed there for about a minute or so. I’m not sure. Then one by one, they switched off, blink, blink, blink.
WHAT COMMON RED WOULD WE ALL KNOW THAT WAS LIKE THE RED ORBS?
The red of traffic lights – an illuminated electric red.
COULD YOU HEAR ANY SOUND?
No. We had the windows wide open for the videotaping. I was hanging out a window with the camcorder and I couldn’t hear anything except the roar of the traffic on the road.
KENNETH, WHEN YOU WERE LOOKING THROUGH YOUR CAMERA AND USING YOUR LENS ON THE JULY 22ND RED ORBS, DID YOU SEE DETAIL IN ANY OF THOSE ORBS?
Yeah, I did actually. It was concentric rings filled with little dots and circles. Hilary saw the same thing through her binoculars. It was like on an archery target, but within each ring there were lots of little dots or round things in the rings and they were all red.
WITHIN EACH CONCENTRIC RING, YOU WERE SEEING MORE CIRCLES INSIDE OF THE CONCENTRIC RINGS?
WERE THOSE RINGS MOVING?
I was so flabbergasted, I didn’t really notice if anything was moving inside those rings. There was structure inside those red lights, but something weird. Not like nuts and bolts and metal. Very strange to look at.
IT WAS NOT AN ARTIFACT OF YOUR CAMERA LENS ZOOM?
No, Hilary saw the same concentric rings through her binoculars. They are powerful binoculars what the sea captain use in England. So she got a real good look at these things and we don’t know what they were. We had never seen them before on any aerial object.”
If anyone has photographed and/or videotaped unusual aerial lights, please contact me on or off the record at [email protected].
And see NEW DVD RELEASE – Extraordinary Documentary!The Visitor Phenomenon: The Story of Jim Spark
Click to Earthfiles Shop.
For further information about aerial phenomena, please see reports below in Earthfiles Archive:
- 07/13/2007 —Iowa Minister Reports Large “Crab/Scorpion” Creature Attacked Cow
- 06/17/2007 —More Big Basin, California, Bizarre “Drone” Images
- 06/15/2007 —Part 2 – Star Wars Physicist Edward Teller, Outer Space Menace And Remotely Piloted Vehicles (RPVs)
- 06/08/2007 —More Drone Photos and Other Eyewitnesses
- 05/30/2007 —Birmingham-Type “Drone” Seen At Barksdale AFB, Louisiana, in Mid-1980s
- 05/29/2007 —Final Part 7: Eyewitness Links Animal Mutilations to Non-Humans
- 05/28/2007 —Letters About Unidentified “Drone” Aerial Objects
- 05/25/2007 —Two More Eyewitnesses of Aerial “Drones” in 2005 and 2006
- 05/21/2007 —Updated: Odd Aerial “Drone”? Photographed Again Over Capitola, California
- 05/16/2007 —Updated: Odd Aerial “Drones”? Over Lake Tahoe and Central California
- 05/16/2007 —Updated: Engineer Comments About Odd Aerial “Drones”? Over Lake Tahoe and Central California
- 05/13/2007 —Part 6: Eyewitness Links Animal Mutilations to Non-Humans
- 02/10/2007 —Part 12: Inside Saucer Post …3-0 Blue
- 02/07/2007 —Part 11: Inside Saucer Post …3-0 Blue
- 01/26/2007 —Two Cell Phone Images of Disc Over Chicago O’Hare Airport
- 01/16/2007 —Part 9: Inside Saucer Post …3-0 Blue
- 01/02/2007 —Grey Aerial Disk Reported by Chicago O’Hare United Airlines Pilots and Mechanics
- 12/31/2006 —Part 8: Inside Saucer Post …3-0 Blue
- 12/18/2006 —Part 6: Inside Saucer Post …3-0 Blue
- 12/14/2006 —Abductee Jim Sparks’s Encounter with Reptillian Beings, Their Warning and Possible Agenda
- 12/06/2006 —Part 4: Inside Saucer Post …3-0 Blue
- 11/09/2006 —Outer Space Sunshade to Cool Earth in Global Warming?
- 10/28/2006 —Close UFO Encounter by USAF Eyewitnesses
- 10/26/2006 —Norwegian Crashed Disc and Other High Strangeness
- 10/02/2006 —Unusual Deaths of Six Female Goats in White Salmon, Washington
- 09/20/2006 —Animal Mutilations Increase Again in Argentina
- 09/16/2006 —Disc Crash At Cedar Breaks Radar Site, Utah
- 09/05/2006 —Part 2: “Alphonso Lorenzo” – Military Visitor to Another Planet?
- 07/17/2006 —Area 29 – A Reverse Engineering Center of E. T. Technology?
- 07/01/2006 —Cattle Mutilation and Glowing Discs in Saskatchewan, Canada
- 06/30/2006 —Celestial Secrets: The Hidden History of the Fatima Cover-Up
- 06/29/2006 —Another Horse Suspended in the Air
- 06/22/2006 —Horse Suspended in Mid-Air Near Milan, Italy, Apartment
- 06/18/2006 —Viewer Letters About NASA Airbrushing Photos; EBENs and Reptilian Humanoids
- 06/07/2006 —Gary McKinnon: An Electronic “Robin Hood”?
- 05/23/2006 —Part 20 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 05/12/2006 —An Extraterrestrial School for Humans
- 05/05/2006 —Military Man’s Description of EBE Telepathic Download
- 04/28/2006 —Part 1: Mysterious Bismuth/Magnesium Metal from Wedge-Shaped Aerial Vehicle
- 04/19/2006 —Part 19 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 04/12/2006 —Part 18 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 04/11/2006 —Part 17 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 04/05/2006 —Part 16 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 03/23/2006 —Part 15 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 03/17/2006 —Part 1: U.S. Navy Chief Yeoman Describes “Extraterrestrial Biological Entities” in TOP SECRET/MAJIC Photographs
- 03/09/2006 —Part 14 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 02/28/2006 —Part 13 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 02/27/2006 —Part 4: Military Voices Reply About Government Interaction with UFOs
- 02/23/2006 —Huge Boomerang Craft and Blond Beings
- 02/22/2006 —Part 3: Military Voices Reply About Government Interaction with UFOs
- 02/21/2006 —Part 2: Military Voices Reply About Government Interaction with UFOs
- 02/19/2006 —Part 12 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 02/17/2006 —Updated: White Sands Navy Radar Operator Saw Discs Circle V-2 Rocket Launches
- 02/10/2006 —Crashed Disc Photos, “Ebens,” and Area 51 “Anti-Gravity”
- 02/07/2006 —Military Voices Reply About Government Interaction with UFOs.
- 02/05/2006 —Part 11 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 01/29/2006 —Part 10 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 01/27/2006 —Part 2: Navy Physicist and USAF Geophysicist Discuss UFOs and ETs
- 01/20/2006 —Part 1: Navy Physicist and USAF Geophysicist Discuss UFOs and ETs
- 01/17/2006 —Part 9 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 01/13/2006 —31st Cattle Mutilation on Red Bluff, California Ranch
- 01/09/2006 —Part 8 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 01/03/2006 —Part 7 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 12/31/2005 —Part 6 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 12/27/2005 —Part 5 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 12/24/2005 —Part 3 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 12/24/2005 —Part 4 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 12/21/2005 —Updated: Part 2 – Peculiar Phenomenon, Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 12/19/2005 —Part 1 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 08/13/2005 —Mystery of Bloodless, Decapitated Kangaroos in Melbourne, Australia
- 08/11/2005 —Part 4: Two Men See Cow Mutilated in Light Beam
- 06/23/2005 —Updated: More Than 3,000 Unusual Animal Deaths Reported in Argentina and Chile Since 2002
- 06/20/2005 —Part 14: UFO Crash/Retrievals: Status Report III – Amassing The Evidence
- 05/26/2005 —Part 1 – Brazilian Air Force Opens Its UFO Files to Public
- 04/28/2005 —Dozens of Unidentified Aerial Objects Videotaped Over Sonora, California
- 04/17/2005 —1949 Aerial Disc Covered-Up By Project Blue Book As “Kite”
- 04/14/2005 — “Battle of Los Angeles” On February 25, 1942: When America’s 37th Coast Artillery Brigade Fired Off 1,430 Anti-Aircraft Shells At A UFO
- 04/13/2005 —Highly Strange Dog Death in Arkansas; 2000-Pound Bull Dropped On Log Pile and Calf Skinned
- 04/05/2005 —Part 8: UFO Crash/Retrievals: Status Report III – Amassing The Evidence
- 03/13/2005 —Part 4: UFO Crash/Retrievals: Status Report III – Amassing The Evidence
- 01/06/2005 —Part 24: UFO Crash/Retrievals: The Inner Sanctum – Status Report VI © July 1991 by Leonard H. Stringfield
- 12/30/2004 —September 12, 1952: America’s “Secret War”? Part 1: UFO Retrieval in Flatwoods, West Virginia
- 12/30/2004 —September 12, 1952: America’s “Secret War”? Part 2: USAF Starfire Disappeared Over Gulf of Mexico
- 12/30/2004 —September 12, 1952: America’s “Secret War”? Part 3: Nuclear Physicist Stanton Friedman Comments
- 12/10/2004 —Part 3: “Peculiar Phenomena,” V-2 Rockets – and UFOB Retaliation?
- 12/10/2004 —Part 4: “Peculiar Phenomena,” V-2 Rockets – and UFOB Retaliation?
- 12/07/2004 —Part 2: “Peculiar Phenomena,” V-2 Rockets – and UFOB Retaliation?
- 12/04/2004 —Part 1: “Peculiar Phenomena,” V-2 Rockets – and UFOB Retaliation?
- 11/12/2004 —Strange Metal Pieces from Plains of San Agustin Alleged UFO Crash Site Analyzed.
- 10/23/2004 —1948 Aztec, New Mexico UFO Crash: Policemen, Disk and Humanoids
- 08/18/2004 —New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson Wants More Investigation of 1947 Roswell UFO Crash
- 04/21/2004 —At the X-Conference, Former Naval Intelligence Officer, C. B. Scott Jones
- 03/26/2004 —Back Engineering ET Craft
- 02/01/2004 —Part 10 – UFO Crash/Retrievals, Status Report VII by Len Stringfield
- 12/29/2003 —Part 5 – UFO Crash/Retrievals, Status Report VII by Len Stringfield
- 12/17/2003 —Part 2 – UFO Crash/Retrievals, Status Report VII by Len Stringfield
- 05/28/2003 —Cat and Dog Mutilations in Salt Lake City; $6,500 Reward
- 03/11/2003 —Earth’s Changing Magnetic Poles – Any Threat?
- 02/01/2003 —Six Unidentified Triangular Aerial Craft Over Uinta Mountains, Utah
- 12/31/2002 —Deer Dropped Into New York Maple Tree – From Where?
- 11/09/2002 —UPDATED: Majestic-12 Documents with Ryan Wood About Extraterrestrial Technologies
- 10/09/2002 —Extraterrestrial Biological Entities and Discs Described by CIA/U.S. Army Administrator, 1957-1960
- 10/05/2002 —Part 3 – More Background On the Scientists Linked To “J-Rod”
- 08/31/2002 —One ET Experiencer’s Reaction to the Winchester Formation
- 07/19/2002 —Unusual Animal Deaths and Unidentified Aerial Lights Persist in Argentina
- 06/17/2002 —Part 2 – Deer and Cattle Mutilations in Oregon
- 06/17/2002 —Part 3 – Deer and Cattle Mutilations in Oregon
- 06/15/2002 —Part 1 – Deer and Cattle Mutilations in Oregon
- 05/18/2002 —A Bull Mutilation in Christmas Valley, Oregon
- 04/20/2002 —Canadian and American Officials In 1950s Collaborated on Study of Unidentified Aerial Disks
- 04/17/2002 —Part 2 – Unidentified Aerial Craft Over Farmington and Aztec, New Mexico in Spring 1949
- 03/16/2002 —Part 1 – ‘Huge Saucer Armada’ Shocked Farmington, New Mexico 52 Years Ago
- 09/22/2001 —Huge Hexagram Crop Formation in Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
- 08/18/2001 —Part 1 – Unusual Cattle Deaths in Montana
- 05/04/2001 —Part 3 – Retired Army Sergeant Describes 1969 Film of Unidentified Craft
- 06/19/2000 —The UFO/FBI Connection by U. S. Navy Physicist, Bruce S. Maccabee – Part 2
- 04/09/2000 —Unidentified Discs Over Farmington, N. M. on March 17, 1950
- 04/02/2000 —Secret Radar Stations in New Mexico, Part 2
- 03/29/2000 —Mysterious Calf Deaths In Brothers, Oregon
- 02/21/2000 —Green Square Unidentified Aerial Craft Over Phoenix
- 12/26/1999 —Hubble Repair, Gamma Ray Bursts and Unidentified Aerial Objects
- 12/22/1999 —Update – Unidentified “Arrowhead”-Shaped Object in California Sky
- 12/01/1999 —Six More Planets Discovered 60 to 190 Light Years Away
- 10/24/1999 —A U. S. Army Infantryman’s Abduction
- 03/28/1999 —Triangles Over Wenatchee Valley, Washington, 1966
- 01/10/1999 —Updates: Astronomy and Rufus Baughn, Nevada Test Site
MJ-12 Documents: http://www.majesticdocuments.com
© 1998 - 2019 by Linda Moulton Howe.
All Rights Reserved.