“No one had any idea what this thing was, but everyone in the car
was visibly freaked out by it.”
– rajman1977, Capitola
Return to: Previous Odd Aerial “Drone?” Earthfiles
[ Editor’s Note: The words “Chad” and “Drone” at the beginning of my image file names are only an organizational effort for Earthfiles. I work on a Mac G-5 and re-size images for Earthfiles formats. I downloaded the Chad images from the COAST website, which I understand were also re-sized there. So, the only May 6, 2007, original images would be with Chad. Same applies to the May 5, 2007, Lake Tahoe Submitter 7013; and May 16, 2007, Capitola rajman1977 images.
Further, the two individuals quoted in 05/16/07Earthfiles Engineer Comments provided me names and contact information and are not anonymous to me, but I protected their confidentiality.
As a journalist, I would like to learn if our military has some kind of black project for ion electrostatic propulsion drones. ]
May 21, 2007 Capitola, California – Around May 11, 2007, Coast to Coast AM webmaster, Lex, received an email letter with attached May 6, 2007, images of a very odd aerial object from a Central California resident who calls himself “Chad.” Chad is worried about his family’s safety and health since he has now seen the bizarre aerial object at least eight times from his house windows and on hikes near his home. Neighbors, he said, have also seen the unidentified aerial object. Then on May 15, 2007, I received another similar aerial “drone” image allegedly taken by a person at Lake Tahoe, California, on May 5, 2007 and identifying themselves at UFO Casebook.com as “Lake Tahoe-05-05-07MUFON Submitter 7013.”
Now on May 21, 2007, the following images have been posted at Flickr.com with this email by rajman1977:
“This week I was visting my fiance’s parents in Capitola (we were actually there to tell them about our engagement, in fact). We were eating dinner on the back porch when we noticed this “object” sort of hovering in the sky. The camera was still out from earlier so I grabbed it and tried to get some clear shots of it. It took off over the roof shortly after, so I ran into the street in front of the house to follow, trying to get more shots without wobbling around too much (which was harder than it sounds). It then came in lower over a telephone pole, where I was able to get a few more pictures, before it finally took off into the distance pretty fast. I thought it was gone but noticed it was still visible, so I grabbed a few more pictures.
At one point a car stopped to look as well. No one had any idea what this thing was, but everyone in the car was visibly freaked out by it. Once it was gone they told me to call the news and drove off. 🙂 I’m not sure who else saw it in the neighborhood since I don’t live down there, but I’m sure at least a few others must have noticed it. It was way too werid and way too close to go unnoticed. Once it was gone and I caught my breath I could barely stop my hands from shaking for the next hour or so. Needless to say, this is all we talked about for the rest of the night. None of us can figure out what it was (and that’s saying something, because my fiance’s dad is a mechanical engineer).
We sent a copy of the photos to their newspaper but haven’t heard back yet. I dunno how long that kind of thing takes.
There’s also some writing on this thing, which I didn’t recognize (and I read both English and Hindi). You can see it in a few of the pictures.
Anyway, I created this Flickr account for the best of these pictures. I have no clue what this thing is so I’m putting it out there to see if anyone else saw it.”
May 18, 2007 – Email from Earthfiles Viewer:
“I read with keen interest your Earthfiles and Coast To Coast articles about what was described as ‘drones’ photographed over Lake Tahoe and somewhere here in the Central Valley of California. It jolted my memory to something that happened a few years back when I was at the Sequoia National Park with my dad (now deceased).
“At the time, there was alot of road repair going on at the park. We were preparing to leave the park and we were a bit confused as to which road to take to get out of the park and back on a main road heading home to Porterville. We made a couple of stops to ask directions: first with a park ranger and again later from one of the road repair crews.
“As I was getting directions from the park ranger this WEIRD THING flew overhead, going at a nice, leisurely pace and reminding me of a dragonfly! I asked the park ranger: ‘WHAT was THAT?!’ to which he replied: ‘I’m told it’s some kind of a communications device that’s supposed to help the park service monitor the area for potential problems-stuff like fires and such.’
“I joked: ‘So it’s NOT a UFO?’ to which he kind of chuckled and casually said: ‘Ha! Nah, I don’t think so!’ He was just so CASUAL about the whole thing that I really didn’t give it much thought at the time, and I’d almost FORGOT about it until I read that story posted by a ‘Chad.’ My dad (who was up in his late eighties at that time) never saw it, but I AGAIN spotted it off in the distance as we got directions from the road crew.
“Ask Chad if he took his photographs in or near the Sequoia National Park. If he DID, he might want to casually approach one of the park service personnel and show them one of the photographs he took, asking them for any/all information they know about it. I actually did have a camera with me that day ( a small, hand-wind 110), but I wasn’t holding it when I got out of the car to ask directions (though I likely would NOT have gotten photos anywhere near as GOOD as what Chad (or the other guy at Lake Tahoe) did, as I didn’t have high-speed film and it was such a CRUMMY little camera anyway!
“P.S. Not sure if there is any connection to the funny thing I saw, but that day I got a TERRIBLE headache and nausea, which was WHY we decided to leave the park earlier than we’d planned that day. I’d chalked it up to driving at such high elevations (and Dad going too fast on those tight, winding roads), but then again you never know!”
Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
United Kingdom Police
US Air Force Website
USAF Drone Images
Army Website: https://uav.peoavn.army.mil/
“Public Viewing of Website
Due to the threat against our nation, portions of the UAVS homepage have been temporarily blocked from Public viewing. Additional information will be added in the future as it becomes available.
This Page Last Updated: June 24, 2002.“
Army Drone Images
If any Earthfiles viewers or Coast to Coast AM listeners have seen a similiar aerial craft or have any information about it, please email me at: [email protected]
For further information about unusual aerial craft, please see Earthfiles Archive, such as the brief excerpt of reports below:
- 11/05/2007 —CIA Origin of National Enquirer?
- 16/03/2007 —Tenth Anniversary of March 1997 Phoenix Lights: What Was the 2-Mile-Long Triangular Craft?
- 13/03/2007 —Part 4: Mysterious Events At 2005 Tawsmead Copse “Insectogram” Crop Formation
- 09/03/2007 —Zones of Fear and Diamond-Shaped Aerial Light
- 04/03/2007 —Part 2: Mysterious Events At 2005 Tawsmead Copse “Insectogram” Crop Formation
- 18/02/2007 —Part 4: Tappen, North Dakota, High Strangeness Provokes Many Emails from Viewers and Listeners
- 14/02/2007 —Part 3: Tappen, North Dakota, High Strangeness Provokes Many Emails from Viewers and Listeners
- 12/02/2007 —Part 2: Tappen, North Dakota, High Strangeness Provokes Many Emails from Viewers and Listeners
- 11/02/2007 —Part 1: Tappen, North Dakota, High Strangeness Provokes Many Emails from Viewers and Listeners
- 10/02/2007 —Part 12: Inside Saucer Post …3-0 Blue
- 07/02/2007 —Part 11: Inside Saucer Post …3-0 Blue
- 02/02/2007 —Blue Metallic “Blimp” Seen Over O’Hare Airport
- 30/01/2007 —Part 10: Inside Saucer Post …3-0 Blue
- 16/01/2007 —Part 9: Inside Saucer Post …3-0 Blue
- 02/01/2007 —Grey Aerial Disk Reported by Chicago O’Hare United Airlines Pilots and Mechanics
- 31/12/2006 —Part 8: Inside Saucer Post …3-0 Blue
- 27/12/2006 —Part 7: Inside Saucer Post …3-0 Blue
- 18/12/2006 —Part 6: Inside Saucer Post …3-0 Blue
- 11/12/2006 —Part 5: Inside Saucer Post …3-0 Blue
- 06/12/2006 —Part 4: Inside Saucer Post …3-0 Blue
- 29/11/2006 —Part 3: Inside Saucer Post …3-0 Blue
- 28/11/2006 —Part 2: Inside Saucer Post …3-0 Blue
- 27/11/2006 —Inside Saucer Post …3-0 Blue © 1957 by Leonard H. Stringfield
- 03/11/2006 —Another UFO Retaliation to Radar Lock On – 2003
- 28/10/2006 —Close UFO Encounter by USAF Eyewitnesses
- 26/10/2006 —Norwegian Crashed Disc and Other High Strangeness
- 19/10/2006 —UFO Retaliation to U. S. Army Radar Lock On in Florida, 1967
- 13/04/2006 —High Strangeness In Skies Near White Sands Missile Range
- 12/04/2006 —Part 18 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 11/04/2006 —Part 17 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 05/04/2006 —Part 16 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 03/04/2006 —Genetic Harvest in Cimarron, New Mexico?
- 05/02/2006 —Mysterious Dark Helicopters Over Comal County, Texas
- 29/01/2006 —Part 10 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 27/01/2006 —Part 2: Navy Physicist and USAF Geophysicist Discuss UFOs and ETs
- 20/01/2006 —Part 1: Navy Physicist and USAF Geophysicist Discuss UFOs and ETs
- 17/01/2006 —Part 9 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 13/01/2006 —31st Cattle Mutilation on Red Bluff, California Ranch
- 09/01/2006 —Part 8 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 03/01/2006 —Part 7 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 31/12/2005 —Part 6 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 27/12/2005 —Part 5 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 24/12/2005 —Part 3 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 24/12/2005 —Part 4 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 21/12/2005 —Updated: Part 2 – Peculiar Phenomenon, Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 19/12/2005 —Part 1 – Peculiar Phenomenon: Early United States Efforts to Collect and Analyze Flying Discs
- 21/09/2005 —Silent, Unidentified Aerial Triangle Entered Thunderstorm Over Fairborn, Ohio
- 17/04/2005 —1949 Aerial Disc Covered-Up By Project Blue Book As “Kite”
- 14/04/2005 — “Battle of Los Angeles” On February 25, 1942: When America’s 37th Coast Artillery Brigade Fired Off 1,430 Anti-Aircraft Shells At A UFO
rajman1977 flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157600236430072/
NASA Drones: http://uav.wff.nasa.gov/relatedlinks.cfm
Ion Propulsion, NASA: http://nmp.nasa.gov/ds1/tech/ionpropfaq.html
High Power Electric Propulsion Program (HiPEP): http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/ion/present/hipep.htm
Coast to Coast AM Website: http://www.coasttocoastam.com
UFO Casebook: http://www.ufocasebook.com/strangecraftlaketahoe.html
© 1998 - 2018 by Linda Moulton Howe.
All Rights Reserved.