Further Update August 21, 2007 – On August 20, 2007, Lucy Pringle received an anonymous email which she copied for me to share with Earthfiles viewers in Earthfiles082107. According to this anonymous emailer, the Woodborough formation appeared at 4 PM on Tuesday, August 14, 2007, after hard rain and shocked musicians working on a music video in the nearby Carson farm owner’s barn. If this email is correct, it means the money paid to the farmer was for the music video crew to work at Woodborough Hill and the musicians had nothing to do with the appearance of the wheat formation at 4 PM on August 14, 2007, after heavy rain had stopped.
Updated August 18, 2007 – U. K. crop formation investigator and photographer, Lucy Pringle, emailed August 18, 2007, that the Woodborough Hill formation below was allegedly made for a commercial purpose, but no details are known. Australian scientist’s analysis of the Woodborough pattern, which Lucy sent to me yesterday as a new August 17th crop formation, is still a valuable contribution to study in the context of geometric patterns and the scientist’s effort to understand evolution of mathematical calendars seemingly embedded in many crop formations and the implication of countdowns to August 18, 2007, and December 2012. But countdowns to what is not known.
August 17, 2007 West Overton, Wiltshire, England – In my July 23, 2007, Earthfiles report entitled, “070707 East Field Wheat Formation: Viewer Comments,” there is a section written by an Australian scientist who requests anonymity. The Earthfiles report shares his “Lunar Cycle Count Down to August 18, 2007” analysis of the 150 circles in the East Field that were discovered shortly after a bright flash of light around 3 AM on July 7, 2007. See: 072307 Earthfiles.
On August 6, he emailed about the 9-fold wheat geometry reported August 4, 2007, below the Pewsey White Horse, Pewsey, Wiltshire, England. See: 080707 Earthfiles.
Then on August 12, 2007, the Mayan symbol for the number “6” was reported in a Stanton St. Barnard, Wiltshire, wheat field and the Australian scientist’s comments were featured in 081307 Earthfiles.
Now on August 17, one day before the August 18th date, comes a complex 6-fold wheat geometry in West Overton, Wiltshire, England, near East Kennett.
From: Australian Scientist
Subject: 6 x 0.5 = 3 or just pretty?
Date: August 17, 2007
To: [email protected]
The new West Overton pattern shows six ‘half-day cubes’ like those shown at Sugar Hill, but now ‘cut in half.’
“Technically each day-cube symbol from West Overton has been sliced off at all of its corners. In which case, each could represent one-third of a day, giving 6 x 1/3 = 2 rather than 6 x 1/2 = 3. And so August 16 at midnight (when it appeared) plus 2 full days = August 18 at midnight.”
Update – Woodborough Hill, Wiltshire, England Wheat Pattern, August 17, 2007
The geometry analysis by the Australian scientist is valuable to read in the context of all crop formation geometries and his long-time effort to understand the evolution of mathematical calendars seemingly embedded in many crop formations and the implication of countdowns to August 18, 2007, and Decembr 2012. But countdowns to what is not known.
Australian Scientist: “Clearly this Woodborough pattern shows both 8-fold (upper part of pattern) and 6-fold (lower) calendars of the year, but reading a ‘specific date’ from it is not obvious. There are also two smaller circles outside of the main part (upper right of photo) which may mean something?
It looks as if they are trying to show the same date, whether by their 8-fold or 6-fold yearly calendars?
The ancient inhabitants of Britain near Avebury used an 8-part megalithic calendar. August 16 is therefore 228 days or 5 / 8 of the way through any 365-day megalithic year.
Called ‘Lughnasadh’ after Lugh of the Tuatha de’ Danaan: a Celtic cross-quarter day. Same as that Silbury eight-fold calendar of 1992 on about the same mid-August date..
So if you look at that top part, and count 1-2-3-4-5 from the big inner connecting line, when you reach 5 / 8 of the way around, you will reach August 16, as 5 / 8 part of any 8-fold, 365-day megalithic year. That is why they placed another circle with a marker-dot just outside of the 8-fold calendar at that point.
The long connecting part is evidently meant to show some equivalence or translation from one calendar system into the next (8 into 6). Have not solved that part yet.
The lower part refers to a 6-part yearly solar calendar.
On the same day of August 16 (5 / 8 way through an 8-part, 365-day megalithic year),
The Sun shows ‘triple symmetry’ by rising at an azimuth of 60 degrees, noon at 180 degrees, then setting at 300 degrees, for a latitude of precisely 60 degrees North!
A few weeks ago near Avebury, that same ‘triple symmetry of the Sun’ was shown for a lower latitude of 51 degrees North on August 1. Then at Pewsey on August 4 for latitude 52 degrees North.
This new pattern is therefore latitude-coded for 60 degrees North, or southern Norway where the Tuatha de’ Danaan lived like wizards (in Fionn-Lachlann) before they migrated to Scotland-Ireland around 2000 BC.
Other sundial patterns (say Hackpen Hill from 2003) were also latitude-coded for southern Norway.
One can only admire their cleverness. Will make nice pictures later. Once I chose ‘August 16’ as a date, the solar calcuations fell right out, just like assembling a set of drawers from an IKEA catalogue.
Will you agree that these crop pictures are coming from the distant past? I keep two books by my bedside: Robin Heath’s Sun, Moon and Stonehenge plus Cracking the Stone Age Code.
The Celtic part of the British Museum in London has crop-circle-like symbols all through it. The most amazing artefact there was the ‘Golden Torc.’”
British Museum Golden Torc
British Museum: “This face is staring from the end of a gold torc. Unlike the Great Torc, which is made from ‘ropes’ of metal, this torc was made from a sheet of decorated gold rolled into a tube. Before the sheet was rolled into a tube, the face decoration was hammered into the back of the sheet (repoussé).
“The torc had been broken over two thousand years ago and this terminal (end) is the only part found. However, it was not in any of the hoards excavated in situ in 1990, but was found in the soil.”
British Museum: “This torc was made with great skill and tremendous care in the first half of the first century BC. It is one of the most elaborate golden objects made in the ancient world. Not even Greek, Roman or Chinese gold workers living 2000 years ago made objects of this complexity.
“The torc is made from just over a kilogram of gold mixed with silver. It is made from sixty-four threads. Each thread was 1.9 mm wide. Eight threads were twisted together at a time to make 8 separate ropes of metal. These were then twisted around each other to make the final torc. The ends of the torc were cast in moulds. The hollow ends were then welded onto the ropes.
“The torc was found when the field at Ken Hill, Snettisham was ploughed in 1950. Other hoards were found in the same field in 1948 and 1990. The torc was buried tied together with a complete bracelet by another torc. A coin found in caught in the ropes of the Great Torc suggests the hoard was buried around 75 BC.” Source: The British Museum
Please see: Earthfiles082107.
If viewers have more information about other crop formations in your area, please email me at [email protected]
- 08/13/2007 —Another U. K. Wheat Formation in August 18th Countdown
- 08/06/2007 —Crop Circle Research and Photography by U. K.’s Lucy Pringle
- 07/27/2007 —Part 1: 1,033-Foot-Long East Field Wheat Formation “Happened Within 90 Minutes.”
- 07/27/2007 — Part 2: Military Helicopters Over East Field Wheat Formation
- 07/23/2007 —070707 East Field Wheat Formation: Viewer Comments
- 07/07/2007 —Swiss Army Pilot Discovers “Perfect Geometric Figure” and U.K.’s East Field Gets Circles!
- 06/29/2007 —Another “Drone” This Week Near Maxwell AFB
- 06/18/2007 —Crop Circles On Rings and Three Mysterious Aerial Lights in Slovenia
- 06/06/2007 —Part 2: Yatesbury, England and Madisonville, Tennessee – A Mayan Link?
- 06/05/2007 –Part 2: U. S. Crop Formations, Two Mysterious Grass Circles in Mission, Kansas
- 06/04/2007 — Part 1: Yatesbury Spiral – Viewer Comments on Spiral Math
- 05/27/2007 — Part 1 – U. S. Crop Formations Near Indian and Ancient Earth Mounds
- 04/12/2007 — First 2007 Crop Pattern in United States
- 03/14/2007 — Part 5: Mysterious Events At 2005 Tawsmead Copse “Insectogram” Crop Formation
- 03/13/2007 — Part 4: Mysterious Events At 2005 Tawsmead Copse “Insectogram” Crop Formation
- 03/06/2007 — Part 3: Mysterious Events At 2005 Tawsmead Copse “Insectogram” Crop Formation
- 03/04/2007 — Part 2: Mysterious Events At 2005 Tawsmead Copse “Insectogram” Crop Formation
- 02/27/2007 — Part 1: Mysterious Events At 2005 Tawsmead Copse “Insectogram” Crop Formation
- 06/11/2006 — Updated: Two Mysterious Circles in Wheat Baffle Kansas Farmer
- 09/02/2005 — Part 1: New York and Ohio Corn Circles “Flattened 2 to 5 Feet Above Ground”
- 08/02/2005 — Part 1: Anomalies Confirmed in Pennsylvania and Arizona Randomly Downed Crops
- 07/23/2005 — Mystery of Six Grass Circle Formations in North Carolina
- 05/26/2005 — Phoenix Barley Mystery: Apparently Irrigation and Wind
- 05/09/2005 — Mysterious Lights and 2003 Serpent Mound Soybean Formation
- 04/20/2005 — Outer Space Impact At Serpent Mound, Ohio, 256 Million Years Ago
- 10/17/2004 — American Crop Formations: 1880-2004
- 09/22/2004 — Miamisburg and Serpent Mound, Ohio Crop Formations: Geometries Compared
- 09/17/2004 — Updated: Part 1 – High Strangeness in Canadian Cattle Corn
- 09/12/2004 — Part 2 – High Strangeness in Canadian Cattle Corn
- 09/10/2004 — Update on Miamisburg, Ohio, Corn Pictogram – Balls of Light?
- 09/05/2004 — Part 2 – Hillsboro, Ohio Corn Plant Anomalies
- 09/04/2004 — Hillsboro, Ohio Corn Formation – High Strangeness in Soil and Plants
- 09/02/2004 — Updated Photos: Big, Impressive New Corn Formation in Miamisburg, Ohio
- 08/09/2004 — Pictograms in Poland
- 07/25/2004 — 2004 Canadian Crop Formations: Scorched Soybeans and “Dirt” Pattern in Barley
- 07/24/2004 — Part 3 – Crop Formations and Mysterious Lights in Wiltshire, England, July 2004
- 07/06/2004 — Mysteriously Downed Oat Plants in Eagle Grove, Iowa; Downed Corn in Hillsboro, Ohio
- 04/08/2004 — FBI Is Investigating Animal Deaths in Johnston County, North Carolina
- 11/01/2003 — Another Soybean Formation in Ohio
- 10/10/2003 — Updated – Ohio Hunter’s “Deer Camera” Photographs Mysterious Glowing Disk
- 10/05/2003 — Part 3 – Paint Creek Island, Ohio Crop Formation Photographs
- 10/03/2003 — Part 2 – Military Interest in Serpent Mound and Seip Mound Formations?
- 10/02/2003 — Part 1 – Another Soybean Formation Near Seip Mound in Ohio
- 09/12/2003 — 2nd Ohio Soybean Crop Formation is Manmade. USAF Investigation Unit Involved?
- 09/06/2003 — Part 2 – Unusual Soybean Formation Near Serpent Mound, Ohio
- 09/05/2003 — Part 1 – Unusual Soybean Formation Near Serpent Mound, Ohio
- 11/30/1999 — A New Crop Formation In Marion, New York and Crop Research Updates
- 09/05/1999 — Delphos, Kansas Ring Mystery – More Analyses
Lucy Pringle: http://www.lucypringle.co.uk
English Crop Circles, Current and Archived: http://www.cropcircleconnector.com
American Crop Circles, ICCRA: http://www.cropcirclenews.com/
Canadian Crop Circles, CCCRN: http://www.cccrn.ca/
German Crop Circles: http://www.kornkreise-forschung.de
Dutch Crop Circles, DCCA: http://www.dcca.nl
© 1998 - 2018 by Linda Moulton Howe.
All Rights Reserved.